Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to publicly send a really big THANK-YOU to Dan O'Toole for his generous free help to me on the idea of converting each release of "THe SSR Experience" to Adobe .pdf format.

That format can be read by any computer equipped with Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and that software is FREE.

You get it via download at:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

You no longer need MS Word to read the book!

While I have been burning the midnight oil getting the transmission cooler speced and installed, job hunting, and getting ready for the trip to Atlanta to MTI Racing (more mods), The SSR Homecoming, and The Woordward Dream Cruise, Dan took the 2nd book release (54 pages total) and converted it from MS Word format to pdf!

That conversion did NOT degrade the apparent quality of the photographs, and still managed to reduce the overall file size from 2.3 MB to under 600kb!

I really appreciate Dan's help here, especially when I have so much going on.

Dan has volunteered to convert all future releases to pdf, so that's the format they will come in.

Thank-you Dan!!!

Jim G

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Way ta go Dan 0! Hope you get that SSR home soon and strut through town with her. :thumbs

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
A big thank you to Jim G and Dan. I just got done printing off all 54 pages. :willy: I had Adobe Acrobat Reader already installed on my machine so everything worked out great! Thanks again. :thumbs

Randy

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buffalo: It's just another illustration of why this board is THE place to be to get help with anything to do with an SSR.

Marc should be very proud of his baby. He has brought a lot of people together :)

Jim G

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Home At Last

REBEL, slipped past you in the night; Sarnia to Newmarket in 2 hours 30 minutes; all the bugs are off and we all slept soundly last night.....

See you at the homecoming.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Leamington dealer had silver 05 stick and sold it last month to someone in TO. The last price they offered me on it was 54. So how many hours is it to Woodward for you.... I mean for a law obeying driver. And yes I will be a drop in the Woodward ocean, see you there. :seeya

·
Premium Member
624 Posts

distance to Warren should be about 4 1/2 hours (law abiding); I expect to make it in a little less.....

Have you noticed a disturbing tendancy for your SSR to exceed the speed limit all on it's own?

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Only on the good smooth roads, MUST BE A TIRE / SURFACE CONTACT THING.
I know I changed my gas pedal and it is not that heavy.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All SSR's returning home for Homecoming can be expected to get "a little eager" to see their birthplace again.

This is a recommended defense when discussing the matter with the friendly police officer.

Jim G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts