Discussion Starter #1
I bought one and it arrived today. Looks to be pretty nice quality. -Brian

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts

:rolleyes:

Could ya post a pic of what you got. I clicked on the ebay link.........Does not get ya to what you want to see.

·
SSR Enthusiast
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My fault on the link. Appears seller has raised price to $32. Here is the correct link (I hope)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have a set of these on my truck (or at least they are very similar) I got them from a member here. I like the way they look. I will say that they took a little massaging to get them to fit. It wasn't bad but they don't just pop right in.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I have a set of these on my truck (or at least they are very similar) I got them from a member here. I like the way they look. I will say that they took a little massaging to get them to fit. It wasn't bad but they don't just pop right in.
  1. Like Wizzr said they don't just pop in. I acquired 2 sets (that way the top one covers the lights) and cut the bottom piece off each one. Sanded and painted the middle red another the other 2
    IMG_20180903_091944507.jpg
    black.

·
SSR Believer
648 Posts
Not sure if they're the same ones, but if not, the ones on our R are very similar. Attached with nuts and bolts through the existing egg crate grille pieces.

IMG_7843.jpeg

IIRC there were a few posts on other threads that said that the ones they ordered from eBay had to be tweaked a bit or even shaved down to fit.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,635 Posts
I purchased a stainless grill off eBay which didn't fit very well so I ended going with an aluminum grill which fit and looked better. The only negative was I too had to remove the bottom piece to get a good fit.

Dave

·
My First Permagrin !
546 Posts
Hi Everyone .
I bought a set of these a few years ago and had to cut off one of the fins row to fit it in . If you don’t have any extras behind the grill it takes a little time.
I already had the transmission cooler and auxiliary fan and mikes hidden front plate bracket installed so it was a PITA to install mine .
8B9ACCCB-2986-4755-BC64-4D07B93B1102.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts