Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
back to bitching people

I edited my thread to be nice,what i said sill holds true in my heart I believe all most people want is something for nothing.you pay more profit on a living room sofa than you will a 46000. car. and ill sell for nothing.but dont complain about trade value. a 46000 car has a better trade than a 34000 car.the consumers forced the value down on your SSRs not me. lets not kill the messenger. and i do own a 03 SSR. along with several other cars. I bought mine and hoped it would hold its value. But thanks to you nice folks, well....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Huh?

Having spent many years in sales, and some of which in the auto/boat industry........
I understand your frustration. BUT - your comments above seem a bit bitter, and in your industry - probably not the best way to approach a possible customer base :eek

Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ever hear of the 1st Amendment? If you don't want to read what people on this web site are expressing, then go join another web site.

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Are you the same guy who just posted you would undercut any other dealer on a separate thread? A little double speak, maybe?

As far as dealers investment, their number one priority should be to invest in customer relations. When dealers try to bend you over for an extra $5 - 10 K on anything new, they deserve our "collaboration" to drive down prices. If you check old threads, you'll find many mentions of dealers who were fair on pricing, and gained a lot of business as a result. Why get greedy on the short term, and burn up potential long term customers??

Ray

PS - If you plan to advertise on this site, at least pony up the $25 to support it.!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think you have every right to this forum it helps me sell cars. but its crazy when you want to pay 12000.00 below sticker for a SSR, then start screaming for book value on the trade. Book value on a new vehicle is posted on the window. its the sticker, when you want to buy a new vehicle at 12000.00 behind book, stop whining when we want to trade for them behind book. remember lowering the selling price of a vehicle doesnt increase its value.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I have an early 03 that I paid sticker for and at that same time period many people were paying 5-10 K over sticker from greedy dealers. I would be ashamed if I was dealer and my customer came to trade his SSR in that he had paid way over sticker and now I offered him almost half what he paid! a little over a year later

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im with Flassh on this one, and your most recent post is a bit hard to follow.

Insulting the members of this forum, is not a good selling tactic. With an argumentative tude, you probably won't sell much more. :nodno

Maybe if you owned one, you may see the members' point of view. Instead it sounds as if your frustrated at your lack of sales. You sell these vehicles to pad your wallet, and we BUY these vehicles to enjoy, and we do so Trusting GM - to value us as a customer! :mad

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
I think Kmunch has a wee bit of an attitude. Just got a PM from him, telling me to get a life

Ray

get a life, i sold 3 ssrs this week none from you people made profit on all and my customers love me also we fix it right the first time no unhappy customers

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
In Nov. 03 I got my SSR at sticker from a dealer out of town. The dealers in town wanted way over, as much as 10K-15K at the time. Today I saw the same dealerships with 03's and 04's that were priced last year at 50K or more and they are still sitting on them because they refused to sell at sticker (which as you know, still gives the dealer a hefty proffit). Now the new ones with all the bells and whistles are here and they can't give em away. If i had the money, I would actually get another 03 or 04 at these prices. They sound way cooler, even though they don't have the HP. Lesson? You tell me.....how about, as was stated, sell at sticker, not necessarily invoice, and have happy customers and dealers making a buck, but not , well, you know, taking us to the cleaners so to speak. I had a salesman at a dealership I would have loved to have bought one from, but his boss was holding out for the highest bidder. Guess what? No one came to bid at such inflated prices.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can't get enough!

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!! :lol :rant :lol

"Sold 3, non from YOU People" :skep - sorry but we people probably won't visit your dealership NOW!!

You should just stop while the hole your digging is still shallow enough to climb out of!!! :nono

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Its nice to see that kmunch has learned to use the edit feature. First he complains about us bitchin about prices, then its gone. Then he claims to have an 03 SSR then its gone. I wonder if he treats his customers that way. Say one thing , then "erase" it. He also claims to have the lowest prices. Will that be edited out tomorrow?? I agree with Flassh, if kmunch wants to sell let him cough up the $25. After all he did "sell 3 ssrs this week none from you people made profit on all."

When a dealership advertises and sells most of the vehicles on the lot at discounted prices all the time and then puts a 5-10K add on onto a single model that is price gouging. When the manufacturer ups the retail price so that they can offer a bigger rebate, it just manipulating numbers. The whole pricing structure on new vehicles is to blame.

I was one of those that bought an 04 for 12k under MSRP. I was willing to buy an 05 at invoice and was close to closing the deal with him when another dealership made the offer on the 04. To me the 8K difference wasn't worth going for the 05. To others it might be. The dealer made the offer to me, I didn't chew him down on the price. He had too many on the lot and wanted them gone before the first snow.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I bought my ssr last jan from the local dealer for 1400 under sticker when others were selling at inflated prices It was the first one he got in and I left it on his showroom for 10 days as a favor for his honesty and lack of greed .Now as a favor to him I have listed his 3 2005 SSRs to the members or any one else at 1000 under invoice that adds up to right at 4000 off MSRP.I dont know if that will beat anybodys prices but I know it is a great deal fo anyone wanting one. He doesnt play games and adds no dealer prep or doc fees that other dealers try to use to inflate prices. He has been in buisness since 1962 because of his fair treatment of customers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Southern California Dealer Classifieds

I recently purchased an '04 SSR with every option with the 0 for 72. Easiest purchase I ever made, plus a great discount, below $40,000. :cool The dealers in the Los Angeles area are all discounting them including the '05's. Best deal I have seen is $5000. below MSRP for an '05. No special finance.

We all know automobiles are not an investment, we make our choices (research first) and enjoy them until we decide on our next one. My wife and I are enjoying the SSR to the fullest. Most fun since my first vehicle, '55 Chev Belair in 1965 ($500), wish I still owned it, but have enjoyed over 60 makes and models since.

Enjoying the TOP DOWN in sunny La Quinta, Calif.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got my 04 last May and after 4 hours they saw it my way and I got it for MSRP. A lot of money? You bet and I will most likley loose it all before I sell it but I bought it to reward me for all my hard work so what ever it took I was going to get it. Its like buying "her" a diamond. If it was on sell, she will find out and never enjoy it as much. :cool :cool

1 - 20 of 43 Posts