Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,371 Posts
Lens covers

Hi,
Quite often there is someone on EBay with some SSR lens blackout kits. Not sure of the quality or exactly what it is though as I haven't used it. There is such a thing as black out paint that is available at most automotive paint stores that you might want to try too.

:flag

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
Blue Dots

Aside from the legal issues in some states, I think they are neat.

Vettegirl has them on her truck. I was thinking of doing it, but after talking to her, I have decided not to. Evidentally, there is so much red lens that the blue dots don't show up hardly at all. In past years, I had installed some on a 78 Chevy pickup. That vehicle also has a fairly large lens and they didn't show up much either.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Black out!

I did mine in about an hour, bought the black "clear" paint in a spray can at the hobby shop for $5.00, took the lights off from under the truck and sprayed it on as I turned the lights in a circular motion.

GR

·
Registered
374 Posts
VHT Nite Shades

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp?part=VHT-SP999

Some Marauder owners used this to darkent their tail lights and back up lights. (Marauders had tinted tail lights already). In sunlight, or with the tail lights off, they look black, but they are translucent and allow most of the light through. When you use the backup lights or tail lights, it looks pretty much like normal.

The thumbnail is a Marauder with full Nite Shades treatment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Mcvette

iF you have a Redline Red SSR :ssr the tail lights match, I look into blue dots.
But in Arizona you have to register your car as a Hot Rod. That means you have build it or has to be some years old, bummer :cry .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts