Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a couple of blank keys for my 2004 with the Chevy bowtie. Any suggestions on where I might locate them? Looked on ebay and Amazon and didn't have any luck. Let me know.

Thank you,

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
Most key shops or dealer should have them.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I punch in 2004 SSR it tells me that it is not available. The Chevrolet dealership that I talked with has keys, but they have the GM stamp instead of the Chevy bow tie. I thought I should try to replace the key with the same exact key. Is that something that we shouldn’t be concerned with?

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
When I punch in 2004 SSR it tells me that it is not available. The Chevrolet dealership that I talked with has keys, but they have the GM stamp instead of the Chevy bow tie. I thought I should try to replace the key with the same exact key. Is that something that we shouldn’t be concerned with?
:|

No, You're the only "gate" between a GM key versus one that has the Chevy logo on it as being acceptable. As you know, Chevy is a part of GM and a key that works that has GM on it versus Chevy or a bowtie emblem should for most folks not matter.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moscooter, Thanks for your thoughts on this. I wanted to make sure that I was not going in the wrong direction.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Auggie, My SSR is an ‘04. The link says it is for an ‘05.
I believe the blanks are all the same. The blank for my 2002 ENVOY is the same as the blank for my 2006 SSR.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
Auggie, My SSR is an ‘04. The link says it is for an ‘05.
I know because mine is an 05 so I put that in. Then I went back and put 04 in and the information changed to 04. Might try it again or like I said dealer or lock smith in your area should have the blanks as they are common. Good luck.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog
1 - 10 of 10 Posts