Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the sun my Ricochet silver paint looks somewhat blotchy almost like it was sprayed unevenly heavy in some spots light in others. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
893 Posts
GM paint expretise

Ricochet said:
I noticed in the sun my Ricochet silver paint looks somewhat blotchy almost like it was sprayed unevenly heavy in some spots light in others. Anyone else notice this?

Welcome to GM paint expertise.............:smash

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have some areas on my '03 Redline Red that are less than perfect, but you really have to look close to see them. All but one, that is. The top corner of the right rear fender (right on the very corner) has an area that is an entirely different color red. It looks like the red colored paint was screwed up, but it was clear coated over anyway. The spot is about the size of a golf ball (not round, though). Kind of a weird shape. Everytime I see it, I try to figure out what happened, but I haven't had a divine revelation yet. I guess it's the least of my worries, but it still bugs me though.:nopity

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
My HHR had finger prints in the paint and went back twice for bad paint spots until they got it right. Sometimes metallic paints have blotchy spots on poor paint jobs. Metallic can be hard to match sometimes unless they use a good painter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts