Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,988 Posts
Anyone seen these tail lights or know where to get them? Please advise.

blue dots:

www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachment...ts-discussion-custom-blue-dot-tail-lights.jpg
Auggie, I saw that picture and saved it, obviously you saw my posting of it, just never kept record of what SSR it was on
Jeez, it is getting tougher all the time to keep track of stuff! Or I have to get better at it! HaHa!

When I bought my first SSR I was pretty computer illiterate - joining SSRFanatic has improved that immensely. Sort of embarrassed about this fact actually.
I have everything, I mean SSR history, on Excel spread sheets.
I should have started with everything in a different system, where I can click on a name or a VIN, or something else that links everything - just did not know how to do that..
With an Excel spreadsheet, I am continually searching, but I have almost 12000 SSR's now in my system, literally thousands of hours of work, but it might take that much again to move the information!
When people ask me a question, I keep everything in VIN order, so if I have a name for example, I hope to know the year, otherwise I am scrolling forever!
I also keep records of them by colour in VIN order, so it does help.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,427 Posts
Hey CASH,

Would that be the ever-illusive blue-dot version of the 1950 Pontiac taillight lens? :confused

It looks really good. Really good. :thumbs

============
David :black:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auggie, I saw that picture and saved it, obviously you saw my posting of it, just never kept record of what SSR it was on
Jeez, it is getting tougher all the time to keep track of stuff! Or I have to get better at it! HaHa!

When I bought my first SSR I was pretty computer illiterate - joining SSRFanatic has improved that immensely. Sort of embarrassed about this fact actually.
I should have started with everything in a different system, where I can click on a name or a VIN, or something else that links everything - just did not know how to do that..
With an Excel spreadsheet, I am continually searching, but I have almost 12000 SSR's now in my system, literally thousands of hours of work, but it might take that much again to move the information!
When people ask me a question, I keep everything in VIN order, so if I have a name for example, I hope to know the year, otherwise I am scrolling forever!
I know what you mean. I know just enough about a computer to get myself in trouble. My records and files are kind of all over the place so I have to search and search also. When you first showed me these lights I really liked them but knew you didn't remember who had them so thought I would ask everyone on the forum and just maybe somebody has them or knows who does. Just an attempt. May not work. By the way thanks for all your help and hard work. You DA MAN!!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey CASH,

Would that be the ever-illusive blue-dot version of the 1950 Pontiac taillight lens? :confused

It looks really good. Really good. :thumbs

============
David :black:
Looks kind of like a separate lens mounted into the stock lens or on top of it with that little chrome trim ring. Anyway I think it is really cool and you don't need the Frenched Shells. Seems like a simpler set up.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts

If you need help with advanced excel functionality I can help with that. Let me know if you want help and we can get together on a call.

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
I also keep records of them by colour in VIN order, so it does help.[/QUOTE]

Cash I bet you listed the fast yellows ones first

·
Super Moderator
13,988 Posts
Cash I bet you listed the fast yellows ones first[/QUOTE]

Oh Jeez, again with that fast :yellow: :D
We have to get a Cease and Desist Order against you guys!
There is a reason people bought 6695 :ssr and 5181 :yellow:, even if you are faster - and I would never admit to that! :glol

And no, my recorded order is Reds, Blacks, Yellows. Silvers, Blurs, UV's, & TuTones - the order of numbers produced :)

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went on the internet and checked out the 50 Pontiac lights very carefully and they are much different.
1. much smaller
2. stick out further
3. do not have this type trim ring.

It looks like someone took a stock set of SSR lenses and cut out the centers and put these flat lenses with the blue dots over the hole. The lenses look like a different spiral type reflector or possibly LED back ground. They appear to fit very flat and fit neatly with the trim rings. Looked at hundreds of lenses and none seem to be this size or shape or have that type trim ring.

Still looking for help. Thanks.

P.S. The fender in the picture is black so I will just have to look at every black SSR. That should not be too hard, right???

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,473 Posts
Cash I bet you listed the fast yellows ones first

Oh Jeez, again with that fast :yellow: :D
We have to get a Cease and Desist Order against you guys!
There is a reason people bought 6695 :ssr and 5181 :yellow:, even if you are faster - and I would never admit to that! :glol

And no, my recorded order is Reds, Blacks, Yellows. Silvers, Blurs, UV's, & TuTones - the order of numbers produced :)[/QUOTE]

Hey there Cash, you are missing one color. As we have said before, they are so fast that no one sees them (except when they are parked, then the color is the topic of conversation).:glol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Blue dot tail lights

These are illegal in most states. You can use them if factory installed like some 1940-50's cars but can not be installed on other newer vehicles.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thru our lobyist in A.B.A.T.E. we got the law changed in South Dakota about 4 years ago so Blue Dot tail lamps are legal.

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
These are illegal in most states. You can use them if factory installed like some 1940-50's cars but can not be installed on other newer vehicles.
Really? Blue dots from the factory? I've never seen them.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have them on all my vehicles to support the legislation we got passed. Some I had to make because they do not sell them for those vehicles. I guess we still live in the Wild, Wild West, or is it South? After all it is South Dakota, the home of Calamity Jane etc.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,812 Posts
Have one set of NEW SSR tail lights with BLUE DOTS.

Never installed.

$400.00 plus shipping.

PM me right away, have to bring down from Canada.

Dicktator

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

It took me about a year to track down the video of the SSR with the Blue Dot Tail lights I was asking you about. The SSR is in this video but I still don't know who made them or where this SSR is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,004 Posts

Cash, your work would be better served as a database instead of a spreadsheet. A database includes the same information as a spreadsheet, but the information can be presented and searched in more elegant ways, for instance you can search by VIN, name, color, year, state, city, or by any other datapoint you desire (example: have it show all yellow 2004 R's located in Texas). It is much easier to extract information for printing and sharing. The conversion is not difficult; if you are using Microsoft Excel for your spreadsheet, then Microsoft Access is the database program to use.
~ Carl

1 - 20 of 28 Posts