Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a major project finished on the SSR today! I had her pinstriped. What does this have to do with blue squirrels you ask?
I learned that the camel hair brush was invented by Dr. Camel (no it does not consist of camel hair).
The best of the brushes come from the blue squirrel that inhabits Siberia (I am feeling like Marlin Perkins).
Anyway, I found a true artist in Alex Olivera. He is old school from California and a perfectionist and has been doing this for around 30 years now.
In honor of Mr. VetteGirl. I had my engine compartment flamed! I'll be posting pics over the next day. Also, here is Alex's website.

http://realpinstriping.com/

Attachments

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
You mean they killed a bunch of cute little squirrels just so you could have stripes on your SSr ? :willy:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ricochet said:
You mean they killed a bunch of cute little squirrels just so you could have stripes on your SSr ? :willy:
Yes, those Russians ply them with vodka. They don't feel a thing. More pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Marlin

Holly Molly - now your show'n your age! Marlin Perkins! Now theres a name that does'nt cross too many minds.

What was the name of poor SOB he always put in the swamp w/ an anaconda?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The Kid said:
Holly Molly - now your show'n your age! Marlin Perkins! Now theres a name that does'nt cross too many minds.

What was the name of poor SOB he always put in the swamp w/ an anaconda?

"While I'm in the duck blind drinking a martini, Jim will swim out into the Amazon river and capture the giant anaconda" Marlin Perkins (Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom)

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
Nice!

Love those colors together... BTW those metalic silver flecks really stand out in the bright sunshine! :thumbs

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C.C.Rider said:
The stripes look great !

What kind of wheels are those and are they 19'' & 20" ?:thumbs

Boyd Coddington Smoothie 2 from Newstalgia Wheels. 20' rear and 18" front. I like the way it gives a rake to the stance of the SSR.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Those Double 2 Tone Stripes are Cool..:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Oh, that's awesome! I didn't think you could make your engine compartment more beautiful than it was, but WOW! And I love the waterfall. Great job!

(Sending a pic of flamed engine compartment to Mr. Vettegirl now! :) )

Lauren:seeya

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Blue squirrels … I have some …. Their quiet and don’t eat much. Pulling a straight even width line like that, is very hard, and only comes with years of experience. I can’t do it yet. People some times question the cost …. $300 for an hours work …. You are not paying for the hour’s work, you are paying for the years of training and practice to be able to perform in and hours time.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts