Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it back to Redding, CA after 2882 miles of very pleasurable driving.

Jim G is absolutly correct on the gearing on the 6spd. It makes the 6spd an underachiever that requires a lot of shifting even on moderate hills.

It does get great fuel milage though, 20.4mpg for the trip, which included alot of driving on twisty roads around Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Great ride for fast touring in scenic county. We took a lot of back roads.

"Nothing is easier than to think, nothing more difficult than to think well."
A.W. Tozer

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Glad you made it home safe and sound. We will be leaving for Seattle soon but not taking the :ssr because of the recent overheating problems. Want to make sure it is working okay before we venture too far from home. Seems to be but think there is still something haywire as my mileage has taken a dump and power seems a bit low. Will PM you when we have some idea of when we will be in Redding.

Randi

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leave her home.

artsmart said:
Glad you made it home safe and sound. We will be leaving for Seattle soon but not taking the :ssr because of the recent overheating problems. Want to make sure it is working okay before we venture too far from home. Seems to be but think there is still something haywire as my mileage has taken a dump and power seems a bit low. Will PM you when we have some idea of when we will be in Redding.

Randi
Sorry to hear your SSR is not feeling well. I agree that you don't want to take a chance if she's not running right. Had simlilar problems once on a tankful of bad gas. Are you running 91 oct?

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
No, the 04 runs on 87 just fine, per owners manual, and it has been for 3000+ miles but ever since the last 2 trips to the service bay it seems a bit sluggish. Will connect up with a few other :ssr buddies down here and maybe take it to a different service tech...something they have been trying to get me to do anyway...just don't want to have to depend on somebody miles and miles away.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Safe And Sound

Glade you made it home safe and sound with BLUEBERRY :thumbs Again welcome to the family

Happy :ssr ing

:seeya
Tony

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thank You

[QUOTE...something they have been trying to get me to do anyway...just don't want to have to depend on somebody miles and miles away.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts