Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you guys, just want to give you a heads up that the Beach boardwalk car show will be happening again this year in march so mark your calendars. Jim, the drinks are on me man, we need to do lunch on the pier at Ocean Eddies with a few brews and an oyster sandwich.:jester Yehalllll:jester

·
Registered
601 Posts
cruzned said:
Ok you guys, just want to give you a heads up that the Beach boardwalk car show will be happening again this year in march so mark your calendars. Jim, the drinks are on me man, we need to do lunch on the pier at Ocean Eddies with a few brews and an oyster sandwich.:jester Yehalllll:jester

Hey Cruz,

Happy New Year!! :party

I hope to make it this year. We are going to have to drive two cars if we come. Or I might be by my self. What is the e-mail address?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
cruzned said:

Keep posting the dates....I'll try to be there, but again I'll park on top of the city parking lot :jester

·
Registered
4 Posts
cruzned said:
http://www.beacheventsfun.com/beachstreetusa_web_site_025.htm

Mark your calendars, it looks like it is gonna be in April. We need to all do lunch on the pier at Ocean Eddie's. They make an awesome oyster sandwich there and the view is the best you can get. I love it, car show and maybe even some surfing this time.
cruzned,

New to the board. Just purchased my Silver SSR last month. Would be great to get together on the Boardwalk w/like-minded fanatics.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We all meet up at my house and then caravan to the boardwalk. I was thinking of doing breakfast this year at Boneshakers Bar and Restauraunt and then drive up to the show. the Solstice Owners have also expressed an interest in joining us. Email me at home for details.

·
Registered
78 Posts
new jersey

Just to let you guys know there is also a car show in Wildwood New Jersey every May and September. It starts on Thursday and ends on Sunday , you park your cars on the boardwalk during the day (the judges check your car out). and at night they close the road so the cars in the show cruises the strip. There is also a burnout contest, muffler rapping contest and a flame throwing contest. They have a web site at www.njhra.com Maybe Ill see some ssrfanatics there.
Mike

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This should be a fun event, even just for the SSR and Solstice folks. I think the gathering of the two will be a hoot. I love them both. Hope to have a SOL of my own someday....:jester The sostice owners are very excited. Check out their site. Can't wait to meet them and our loyal SSR owners in our area. Hope all the NOVA folks can come back this year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
boardwalk show

Cruzned, I am a new member as of Jan 06 with a 04 redline-I live in So. Md.(Waldorf-charles county) just across the bridge from King George county Va.My wife and I would like to do the boardwalk show with you guys-Look forward to details on how to join you guys! Thanks Mikes Mid-Life:seeya

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welome aboard Mike! Looking forward to another SSRfanatic gathering. I will send you a PM with my home address and phone, as well as email address so you can get with us. I already received my pre-registration form. You can register on line. We are meeting at my house and cruising up to 10th Street and will exhibit on the boardwalk from there. You can also enter day of the show. I will have a hose so you can wipe off the bug splats if you wish. The pontiac solstice folks are also joining us. Should be a great gathering of both fanatic GM groups.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok folks, it's just around the corner. I'm dustin off that skeleton in my closet and all the other "Skullery" that I use in car shows. Time for a head count so I can plan on how many of you may be showing up. I believe that if we leave my house around 9:00 or 9:30 we should be on the boardwalk in time to register, set up and then get breakfast or lunch on the boardwalk. Lunch may be best, since we will want to set up our displays and clean the vehicles and all that. Sooooo....if you are coming to the boardwalk show in April, please reply.

Thanks, Ed:)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last check folks, who is actuall comin down for the show? Reply in this post please so I can get a head count.:seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
cruzned said:
Last check folks, who is actuall comin down for the show? Reply in this post please so I can get a head count.:seeya

I will be there that weekend....

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Confirmations so far:
Cruzned
WowFactor
4 members from the Pontiac Solstice Club as well.
Is the current gas situation keeping you all from coming or what? Show is on the 29th. Sure would be nice if there was more confirmation from others.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts