Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I took my roadster in for a checkup(rough idle and front end vibration), and the dealer also found an update for the Body Control Module which they attempted to install. First time around it wouldn't install, they called GM and then tried to reinstall the update. It installed but then "LOCKED" up anything connected to the module: stereo, dash lighting, windows, locks, the roof, and hatch(learned my lesson about keeping the release tool in the back). They tried to remove the update and install the old program which then fried the module so I'm now stuck for a couple days.

On the way home after dark I lost the headlights but not the foglights and the idle would drop to 300-500 rpm or just stall(would restart but not like normal).

This morning I woke up to a dead battery, recharged it, and was able to raise the top before the system "LOCKED" again and lost all those functions.

Anybody else run into any of this? Next time I'll be sure the top is up before servicing.

Hopefully the shop manual will be in tomorrow when I go back to the dealership.

at least it was 95+ and sunny :lol

see ya down the blvd..................Kroozn

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yikes!

Tough luck Kroozn. Sounds like you need a Priest instead of a service tech. :lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well just got back from spending 5 hrs at the dealer helping the mechanic install the new Body Control Module only to see that they couldn't reprogram the new module. Then they triggered the theft deterrent system and everything shut down...............................so nothing comes on and the truck won't start......not the roadster's fault, I keep talking nice to her so she doesn't bite me......

more updates later as the saga continues.......................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts