Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 04's have quite a bit of body flex on a bumpy road. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare an 05 to a 04? Did GM change the suspension in the 05? :skep

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The '05 has a more refined ride package and there is less induced shake. The basic structure is unchanged.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. what do you mean "refined ride package" and what do you base your opinion on?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Moonlight refinement

I drove the '04 for for over 300 miles as a demonstrator (at my dealer's insistence no less...YES I am very lucky) before deciding on the '05 purchase this past July. I spoke with Bob Tripolsky of GM Communications and listed my '04 concerns. He listed the '05 corrections over the '04 and helped make my '05 purchase decision easy. I definitely feel that the '05 is much more refined in handling, NVH characteristics and performance than the '04. No rattles, no wind noise, quieter with the top up, faster and no 1500-1800 rpm roar emanating from the lower firewall. No cowl flex at all...very significant for the clay heaved concrete road beds that serve as our main municipal thoroughfares in Lawton, Oklahoma. It is a vehicle that can be driven with confidence in either configuration. Long gone thank goodness are the days of my '85 Chrysler LeBarob Turbo convertible ( a sweet ride still) that kept me spending every spare moment attaching moleskin against various plastic surfaces to eliminate body chatter due to cowl shake, etc. The '05 looks the same as the '03 and '04 but in my estimation drives like an entirely different vehicle. Cleavermodels :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
cleavermodels said:
I drove the '04 for for over 300 miles as a demonstrator (at my dealer's insistence no less...YES I am very lucky) before deciding on the '05 purchase this past July. I spoke with Bob Tripolsky of GM Communications and listed my '04 concerns. He listed the '05 corrections over the '04 and helped make my '05 purchase decision easy. I definitely feel that the '05 is much more refined in handling, NVH characteristics and performance than the '04. No rattles, no wind noise, quieter with the top up, faster and no 1500-1800 rpm roar emanating from the lower firewall. No cowl flex at all...very significant for the clay heaved concrete road beds that serve as our main municipal thoroughfares in Lawton, Oklahoma. It is a vehicle that can be driven with confidence in either configuration. Long gone thank goodness are the days of my '85 Chrysler LeBarob Turbo convertible ( a sweet ride still) that kept me spending every spare moment attaching moleskin against various plastic surfaces to eliminate body chatter due to cowl shake, etc. The '05 looks the same as the '03 and '04 but in my estimation drives like an entirely different vehicle. Cleavermodels :)
Thanks for posting, I will get a 05 or 06 SSR Lord willing...

·
Registered
43 Posts
cleavermodels said:
I drove the '04 for for over 300 miles as a demonstrator (at my dealer's insistence no less...YES I am very lucky) before deciding on the '05 purchase this past July. I spoke with Bob Tripolsky of GM Communications and listed my '04 concerns. He listed the '05 corrections over the '04 and helped make my '05 purchase decision easy. I definitely feel that the '05 is much more refined in handling, NVH characteristics and performance than the '04. No rattles, no wind noise, quieter with the top up, faster and no 1500-1800 rpm roar emanating from the lower firewall. No cowl flex at all...very significant for the clay heaved concrete road beds that serve as our main municipal thoroughfares in Lawton, Oklahoma. It is a vehicle that can be driven with confidence in either configuration. Long gone thank goodness are the days of my '85 Chrysler LeBarob Turbo convertible ( a sweet ride still) that kept me spending every spare moment attaching moleskin against various plastic surfaces to eliminate body chatter due to cowl shake, etc. The '05 looks the same as the '03 and '04 but in my estimation drives like an entirely different vehicle. Cleavermodels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts