Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a few measurements. Due to a small fender bender the right fender has needed repairing. After the repair I have noticed the right side distance from tire to fender on the right side does not match the left. This either due to a bad repair or it is made from the factory that way. Could someone measure from the top center of the tire out to the top center of the fender? Do both sides and give me your findings. Should they be the same?

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
YellowThunder said:
I need a few measurements. Due to a small fender bender the right fender has needed repairing. After the repair I have noticed the right side distance from tire to fender on the right side does not match the left. This either due to a bad repair or it is made from the factory that way. Could someone measure from the top center of the tire out to the top center of the fender? Do both sides and give me your findings. Should they be the same?

Thanks,

David
Hope I understand what you're looking for...from top outside edge of the tire to the outside edge of the fender is 2 3/4 inches both sides. From the floor thru the center line of the wheel to the lower lip of the fender is 29 1/8 inches...both sides. That is on my bone stock '06.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
yup

ssr blur said:
Hope I understand what you're looking for...from top outside edge of the tire to the outside edge of the fender is 2 3/4 inches both sides. From the floor thru the center line of the wheel to the lower lip of the fender is 29 1/8 inches...both sides. That is on my bone stock '06.

:agree :agree

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
In the rear, if you lower the truck, the tire to quarter lateral dimensions will be different side to side because the track bar causes the suspension to move sideways when it goes up and down. This does not happen on the front suspension.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Yellow Thunder,
You didn't indicate front or rear fender. The rear measurements are different from the left side to the right side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rear measurements

Sorry, The right rear is the side in question.

When I measure from the tire out to the fender laterally I get a different distance than on the left side. I wasn't sure if the repair work was done incorrectly or if the right is supposed to be different than the left. I was hooking a tape measure into the first outmost groove in the tire and measuring out staying perpendicular to the tire till I was even with the outside of the fender. You have to eyeball it from above. What do you get with this method?

TIA

David

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
My SSR is lowered 1.6" at the rear with Eibach springs. I also have aftermarket wheels, so offsets may be slightly different from stock.

Right side measurement using the same system, with the measuring tape pulled tight in the first groove is 4 7/16 right, 4 1/2" left.

Bottom line, I have a 3/16 difference between sides.

Hope that helps.

Ray

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to be more clear. I am looking for the measurement out to the top outer edge of the wheel well arch. Hope that is clear enough.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts