Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after getting tapped on the rear end they had to replece exhaust system. Now it runs rough and the little engine lite is on, indicating emmissions problems.

What could they have done wrong? They're kind of clueless here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
dougnc said:
Well, after getting tapped on the rear end they had to replece exhaust system. Now it runs rough and the little engine lite is on, indicating emmissions problems.

What could they have done wrong? They're kind of clueless here.
dougnc -- maybe the oxygen sensor broke during the "love tap".

Gary

·
Registered
127 Posts
dougnc said:
Would the oxygen sensor make it run rough?
The oxygen sensor is a very, very fragile instrument. Even when replacing one with a new one you have to be very careful to not have hit anything upon insertioninto the bung. Lots of experience here!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yep!

If all they did was the exhaust, sounds like they broke one of the four O2 sensors. You have a pre-cat and post-cat O2 sensor on each side. They are very fragile and generally sensative.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matjow said:
If all they did was the exhaust, sounds like they broke one of the four O2 sensors. You have a pre-cat and post-cat O2 sensor on each side. They are very fragile and generally sensative.
Four?

Well, I told the body guy it was the sensors. So now this hung over Russian is going to be hot roding my SSR down to the dealer. :(

I can sure tell why insurance is so expensive.

On the bright side, the old pipes had been damaged somewhere. The new ones look much better!

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
doug, doug, doug.......

dougnc said:
Four?

Well, I told the body guy it was the sensors. So now this hung over Russian is going to be hot roding my SSR down to the dealer. :(

I can sure tell why insurance is so expensive.

On the bright side, the old pipes had been damaged somewhere. The new ones look much better!
I guess now you have something against us hung over Russians????
Well at least I have my own SSR to hot rod around.....
And, I bought that matching lipstick too :lol

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
matjow said:
Doesn't every vehicle come with 4 sensors? We had a terrible time with the x-cab chevy P/U!! I think replace all of them to get the engine light to finally go off!!! What a pain that was. :boxing

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Doesn't every vehicle come with 4 sensors? We had a terrible time with the x-cab chevy P/U!! I think replace all of them to get the engine light to finally go off!!! What a pain that was. :boxing
He ha. Sounds like they didn't have a clue which was bad, and it was your misfortune that the found the bad one last.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, they took it to a Chevy dealer. It turns out the emission light came on and the SSR ran rough because of the clutch. So they've reset it so the light doesn't come on anymore.

:puzzled

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An SSR's Wife said:
I guess now you have something against us hung over Russians????
Well at least I have my own SSR to hot rod around.....
And, I bought that matching lipstick too :lol
Kewl! Too bad you don't own a Redline tho, the red goth chicks like corsets.

But black leather is kewl too! :lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, the Chevy dealer says it's computer code 6513, which is the clutch, like someone left their foot sitting too long on the clutch.

WTF?

Are these computer codes in the Helm manual I just bought?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beer100 said:
look for DTC codes. They are noted through out the manual. There is also a huge list as I recall.
But then I'd have to open the box! :lol

Thanks, tho!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts