Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you could have been on the design team for the SSR. What would you have changed on the body?

I would have liked to see the front end resemble more of the old syle roadsters.

I would also like to see the tailgate close without having to shut the trunk lid first.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Funny Ears

The rear view mirrors look like "Shrek's" ears, but the concept truck had even worse ones, so I guess they'e ok, but still look kind of odd. Jim G. is this another SSR Quirk? :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
The mirrors are basically vette mirrors. I think I would of made the fenders and such even more round. I love the 50 chevy pickup look.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Love the body

but I would like to see, Inegrated runningboards & side pipes :thumbs

·
180 Posts
Grille bars!

Would have like to have all of the grille bars match the top (main) bar. Either satin chrome or chrome as long as they all matched!

I actually kind of liked the "peep mirrors" on the concept SSR.

Shaved door handles would have added to the street rod motif.

Overall, hard to criticize an automotive masterpiece!

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

-hood attitude
-shave door handles
-side mirrors 1/2 size or peep
-tail lights smaller built into the crossbar!
-smoother rear bumber cover
-side gill loovers
-lower with another 2" rake
I love
-small bubble cockpit
-wide assend
-smoothness
The look I want is, a low wide wedge, mean n clean

I love the tailight bar on this model, it adds width to the look ... Might give up the thought of being abel to go back stock ... build this bar in stainless, and go Ken T. on the rest of this Roadster.

GM CANADA give me a 07 to due up for SEMA :angel

Attachments

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
If you could have been on the design team for the SSR. What would you have changed on the body?

I would have liked to see the front end resemble more of the old syle roadsters.

I would also like to see the tailgate close without having to shut the trunk lid first.

OK, here goes the airhead in me :glol ...... Am I the only one with that tag still hanging in the trunk (or the only one that will admit it?) I am afraid I will get it backwards and it will hurt my baby. Has anyone got it backward yet? Did it hurt it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
REBEL said:
-hood attitude
-shave door handles
-side mirrors 1/2 size or peep
-tail lights smaller built into the crossbar!
-smoother rear bumber cover
-side gill loovers
-lower with another 2" rake
I love
-small bubble cockpit
-wide assend
-smoothness
The look I want is, a low wide wedge, mean n clean

I love the tailight bar on this model, it adds width to the look ... Might give up the thought of being abel to go back stock ... build this bar in stainless, and go Ken T. on the rest of this Roadster.

GM CANADA give me a 07 to due up for SEMA :angel
Given the tag on the truck, all it needs is a (-) between the O and the T, to make it a real cruiser. :lol :rolleyes: :leaving

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Close Bed Cover First!

Gina said:
OK, here goes the airhead in me :glol ...... Am I the only one with that tag still hanging in the trunk (or the only one that will admit it?) I am afraid I will get it backwards and it will hurt my baby. Has anyone got it backward yet? Did it hurt it?
I have my tag stowed away in the little storage compartment where I can find it easy if I want to. BTW: I haven't shut the gate before I closed the bed cover yet. Well OK OK ... :rolleyes: at least I haven't closed the cover down on top of the gate when I did close the gate first that is... :lol

Ps. I don't believe it will hurt the SSR too much ... but it definitely is not the way to close your SSR up! Please always try to remember close the bed cover FIRST! :thumbs

·
Registered
904 Posts
The big thing with me is put a bumper on the front and back, Make it a touch wider so you don't have to open the door just to turn the heat on and off the seat, It should have had the LS1 in from the start, They could have cut some weight and the weight it does have is all on the driver side so when you do get the HP up and you punch it and start smoking the tires it wants to go to the right cause that tire has more weight, Other than that can't think of anything right now, Oh and when you pop the bed cover it should come up so you can get your hand under it

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Love the concept wheels, bar across the tailgate and beefier mirrrors would have been nice. The cup holder like the vette has seems to be room in the vette!!!!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Added some duct work to sides and rear of hood for air flow. Not body related, but would have Heads Up Units available, make speedo and dash guages tilt for better viewing. I liked the full rear cross bar through the tail lights, as on concept at Det. Auto Show in Cobo.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Tail Gate Molding

I would like to have the molding across the tail gate to the tail light.Mother GM should have left it there LIKE THE ORIGINAL SSR. also would like the ft. bottom 3 grills chrome . :seeya

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
There's likely lots of reasons why these ideas don't work out.

I think I'd have had the fenders as separate parts, as in the past. Can you imagine how much easier it would be to replace a damaged fender, or to bolt on something different. There could even modds for open wheel.

First, I'd have made the cargo cover design be of the snug top style. The body style already has that wrap over belt line. With that and an applied panel at the top of the door and there would be a uniform shadow line from nose to tail.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have to agree with beer100, fenders should have been bolt ons.

Maybe nerf style bumbers, seen them on someones here.

Top should have been the same material Saturn uses on the doors, hell the whole truck could have used that material!

No convertable top but a panel van style top option.

Integrated running boards with side exhaust should have been an option!

Trash the carpet in the bed and have a wood floor option along with matching wood trim on the running boards. (I'm working on this one myself, shh, don't tell no one)

HUD.

Paddle shifters or at least a gated auto shifter.

Paint, sorry the current paint options, all colors should of had flake in them.

All tires & rims the same size. Lower body stance.

Seat color options to match the paint, come on black!? Did some one swipe all the rest of Chevys crayolas when they designed the interior?

How about a real audio system!? Sorry, Bose, I don't think soos :lol . That's not a stereo, my Z71 with just the standard radio was better. MP3/4, this is 2005 not 1955.

Who can remember that cool air scope on the Cudas that you opened by pulling from the inside? Why not one now that opens with just the push of a button?

More RAM air, move those ridiculuos driving lights to inside the grill and stuff some tubes in those spots and lead them to the sides of the air box.

True dual exhaust.

Rear end gear options and better tranny options. What were they thinking on this, that we were all going to drive around like little old ladies or men?

With the current pricing of the SSR these mods would be out of reach for a lot of us, that's okay, just make more options available. That's what they used to do, why can't they be done now?

Yes the SSR was designed as a retro rod, I think a lot more could have been done at a cheaper price, If you don't think so, look at the HHR @ MSRP $20K, a power convertable roof and 4 more cylindars doesn't justify another $20K in my math.

I am happy with mine and don't see trading it any time soon, at least not till I see an 07 with a 427 rat in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts