Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've got a manuson supercharger on order and I was wondering if any of you are using a boost gauge.I've gone through the install sheets twice and no mention of a gauge.I think it would be verry hot to have aboost gauge take the place of the GPH on the console gauge cluster.
Anyone have ideas?

B

·
0 Posts
I changed all of them in my 03. Volt meter, boost, fuel pressure. That way they all look alike. Autometer has some that have the brushed chrome bezels on them. They look alot like the factory guages. the stock guages are on 1 board, unless it's a shallow guage, you will have to replace all of them. Whichever you do I would put the one you are going to look at the most on the right side. Knee will be in the way on the other 2.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gauges

Thanks for the info BobA.

How did you do the hookup?Did you have to run new wires ?Ithink I know the answer but I gotta know!
Thanks Craig

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Hi, 53

Do a search for a thread on Dakota Digital - I mounted their tire pressure monitoring system in place of the GPH gauge. You can pick up power and ground from the existing wiring harness, but the signal for the boost gauge will have to be plumbed through the firewall.

Check gauge depth - it will be critical that the boost gauge is shallower than the two remaining gauges so as not to contact the printed circuit board. I cut back the mounting studs on the Dakota gauge, and it fit fine.

Ray

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Check out this Gauge Location!

Craig: Took this photo of a SSR at Woodward..along with a few others..the guy jumped the curb and wiped out his oil cooling line...............

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I am looking for a console guage panel with the stock guages to play with. I want to install Fuel Preasure, Boost and Nitrous Bottle Preasure Guages in the stock housing. I need to find a set of guages that I can fit then I will send them up to Classic Instruments to have the custom faces installed so it looks completely stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts