·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading in the search tab,where to find my birth date I suddenly got to
wondering what my SSR doesn't have versus the later 05 my?! I didn,t
realize GM made a modification to the door panels?! I can get my hand along
side the seat barely.but Iam more concerned with the rear end,drive line and
any electrical enhancements?How do some of you guys find out this information?
I guess, when a part or component fails,service tells you?TSB?!I got the most important part(LS2 and tranny).Curious to know what I might be able to update
if possible?! Hal

Born:09/04

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Hal Mawrence said:
After reading in the search tab,where to find my birth date I suddenly got to
wondering what my SSR doesn't have versus the later 05 my?! I didn,t
realize GM made a modification to the door panels?! I can get my hand along
side the seat barely.but Iam more concerned with the rear end,drive line and
any electrical enhancements?How do some of you guys find out this information?
I guess, when a part or component fails,service tells you?TSB?!I got the most important part(LS2 and tranny).Curious to know what I might be able to update
if possible?! Hal

Born:09/04

Will someone post a picture of both versions of door panels. My car was made Sept 1st and I think I have the newer panel that is slightly concave. I would like to see both versions myself. As a matter of fact I will post a pic of what my 9/1/04 build came with.

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,073 Posts
'06 Door Panel

Here's a photo of my '06 panel. I'm not sure when they made the change, but I have no trouble working the seat controls, even though they are by feel only.

There are a number of very minor changes to the DIC between the '05 and '06, but nothing you can do anything about. Other than wanting newer door panels, I don't think you have any issues....

Mike

Attachments

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Ahhh it is different. The newer version has that pressed in area just rearword of the door speaker and the door pocket opening is smaller. Thats funny because its tight but I have little trouble adjusting my seat.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,073 Posts
Ricochet,

The '05 I had before we got the '06 was built in May of 2005 and had exactly the same panels as the '06. There must have been a changeover date in early 2005 to the new design.

Mike

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Door Pannel change... in 05

Mike in AZ said:
Ricochet,

The '05 I had before we got the '06 was built in May of 2005 and had exactly the same panels as the '06. There must have been a changeover date in early 2005 to the new design.

Mike
It has been noted in a couple of earlier threads... change was made to use a smaller map pocket door right after Labor Day. Sept. 7, 2004.

BTW: For me it doesn't make a big difference either way... because earlier door panel works fine for me.
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Born date re mods.

Thanks for showing door panels,I got lucky,I have the later panels:)
In reading other threads Re: cooling fan door handles,drive line,that was my concern? When looking for the birth date on the drivers door I noticed ,duh,for the
first time a very special sticker that gave me a fuzzy feeling of gratitude,The from
our hands to your hands sticker,thought that was very cool! Thanks guys> Hal

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike in AZ said:
How about a present......

I took this a month ago......

Gives me a warm fuzzy too.

Mike
Thanks Mike,I will blow it up and frame it for my SSR HOT ROD Garage. I get
razzed all the time about my Garage,only two car,but its nice and clean,tile floors
indoor/out door carpet runners ,Red and silver hot rod garage modules etc. This
will go well with the decor:yesnod

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Hal Mawrence said:
Thanks for showing door panels,I got lucky,I have the later panels:)
In reading other threads Re: cooling fan door handles,drive line,that was my concern? When looking for the birth date on the drivers door I noticed ,duh,for the
first time a very special sticker that gave me a fuzzy feeling of gratitude,The from
our hands to your hands sticker,thought that was very cool! Thanks guys> Hal
That figures I missed the new design by 6 day's..:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts