Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced there stock bose amp with an aftermarket?
Which amp did you go with?
Did you remove the Bose amp?
Is there a bypass harness?
Where did you mount the new amp?
Was it possable to put a new amp in the Bose amp location?
Is there a location to access all speaker wires together to splice in a new amp?
Looking for options to regain front to rear fade. More power and a better sound would be nice. It seems all the radio interfaces do not retain the front to rear fade. From what I gather the original head/ amp system use the can bus system. The new decks are analog. The interface converts the analog to digital for the Bose amp to work. Fading is not supported.
Does this sound correct?
I hate to keep asking about this stuff. On a side note my new deck is in... Fits great... Cameras are great. Just trying to understand the rest of the puzzle.
Radios were so much easier in the 80s
Thanks

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
I don't know about this system but other Bose systems I've had the speakers were matched to the amp and to replace either you had to replace both. Like I said, I don't know if this is the case here but it's worth investigating before you go off the deep end.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Speakers are in the Doors. Only Sub Woofer in the rear, no other speakers, so there is no need for front to rear fader. Adding rear speakers would be fruitless due to the seat position and the size of the cabin.
The Bose System is fully integrated with the speakers. I would suspect you would need to ask a experienced Car Audio shop about upgrading the system. You can upgrade the door speakers, they are a standard size.
I installed a Kenwood DNX893s and used the GM PAC interface which retained the Bose Sub and steering wheel controls.
I added sound deadener in the doors and rear bulkhead which improved the sound quality 1000%!!! I can crank up and enjoy the tunes with the top down with out all the buzzing and distortion now.
greg

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2.... 4" speakers in the rear. One behind each seat. That's factory. I replaced the Bose with infinity Kappa 4". If there is a sub back there... I don't know where.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts