Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran over a box in the road and whatever broke off had to hold the bottom of the radiator . I put some zip ties to hold it up and forward .. So the question is do I need to buy the complete spoiler ? Haven't went to the shop yet i'm still working and the SSR is what I drive every day has 45,000 miles on it and 3 tickets over 100 mph..Ha Ha ..but if i knew what i needed i'd order it ahead of time so when it goes to the shop i'll have it are install it myself..thanks for any help..

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
Two possibilities

hotssrtx,

You have either broken off the plastic air dam that is mounted with 5 clips to the lower radiator support.... or broken off the air dam AND busted up the lower radiator support.

1) If it's just the air dam, you have three choices..... replace the OEM part with new OEM part for $72.

2) I can send you a replacement part for half that cost. Here's a thread on what it looks like.
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8338&highlight=air+dam

3) Ghostrider also makes a fiberglass part that is more like a forward facing scoop and attaches to the same five holes across the bottom radiator support. Here's a link to his web site.
http://www.grcustoms.com/chevy-ssr-front-spoiler.html

If you damaged the lower radiator support itself, the bad news is that it's gonna cost you $200+ for a new one. AND you are gonna have to put on a new air dam also. If you need one, contact RSSRTOY by PM and he'll get one shipped to you for cheap. He has the best prices on OEM hardware on the site.

Wish we had better news.

Mike

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
hotssrtx said:
I ran over a box in the road and whatever broke off had to hold the bottom of the radiator . I put some zip ties to hold it up and forward .. So the question is do I need to buy the complete spoiler ? Haven't went to the shop yet i'm still working and the SSR is what I drive every day has 45,000 miles on it and 3 tickets over 100 mph..Ha Ha ..but if i knew what i needed i'd order it ahead of time so when it goes to the shop i'll have it are install it myself..thanks for any help..
Don't know if you've checked with your insurance company....but.....this kind of damage falls under 'road hazard" category. Call your company and tell them what happened. There may or may not be a deductible but it may fall under your comprehensive coverage where this damage is covered.

Maybe there is an forum member (insurance guy) who can clarify my points.

P/P

Peace:flag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts