61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

·
SSR Believer
3,317 Posts
Just added the "new" bowties from @QWKSSR today. I think they look a lot more like the OEM caps now. I already added his two-dimensional bowties a couple of years ago and they looked nice... kind of ghost-like. But I liked the idea of them being more like the OEM bowties. I just left the old ones in place, using them as a guide for the new ones. Luckily the new ones are a little larger in height and the same width, so I just left the old ones where they were and put the new ones on top.

I cleaned the area with isopropyl alcohol, followed his instructions to heat the new bowties and the cap to about 90 degrees, added just a smidge of 3M Adhesive Promoter on top of the bowties that were already there and carefully put the new ones on. Ta-dah! First photo is of the "old" one and the next two are of the new and improved version.

Nice job Ed. Keep up the great work! (y)

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
382 Posts
I was able to placed these this weekend, and they are a nice alternative to the OEM centercaps. I will put the originals away for safe keeping.

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I was able to placed these this weekend, and they are a nice alternative to the OEM centercaps. I will put the originals away for safe keeping.
Would you happen to have a good straight on picture of them ?

·
Registered
2005 Chevrolet SSR Automatic
47 Posts
I'm now making some Bowties for the aftermarket center caps that have no bowties, they are domed with a Chrome border on them so they look more like the original ones !!

I have been making SSR center cap bowties for years. I have been making a larger one for the aftermarket center caps but have only been a single color.

They can be made in almost any color combinations .

Here is a picture of I have made.

View attachment 607458 .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I would like to order a couple sets of these? How would I go about doing that?

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
BUMP

Reactions: nj6969

·
Premium Member
2003 Black SSR
6 Posts
I'm now making some Bowties for the aftermarket center caps that have no bowties, they are domed with a Chrome border on them so they look more like the original ones !!

I have been making SSR center cap bowties for years. I have been making a larger one for the aftermarket center caps but have only been a single color.

They can be made in almost any color combinations .

Here is a picture of I have made.

View attachment 607458 .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
7,360 Posts
Hello
Send me a set of Red bowties with Black trim, 92595.
total and how to pay.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
61 - 75 of 75 Posts