Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from work last week I came face-to-face with a Redline :ssr going south towards Victorville near Air Base Road on National Trails Highway. Started waving, honking, :confused but got nothing from the Redline. Was thinking "here we go again, another snob" :jester Then realized I'm not driving the :ssr but the family sedan :angel So, if you are the new Redline in the Silver Lakes (?) to Victorville area (?)... :thumbs on your ride :) and come join us at the "TriState SSR Run" to Laughlin in January.

No Eric...I am NOT hallucinating again :lol :lol

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
artsmart said:
Coming home from work last week I came face-to-face with a Redline :ssr going south towards Victorville near Air Base Road on National Trails Highway. Started waving, honking, :confused but got nothing from the Redline. Was thinking "here we go again, another snob" :jester Then realized I'm not driving the :ssr but the family sedan :angel So, if you are the new Redline in the Silver Lakes (?) to Victorville area (?)... :thumbs on your ride :) and come join us at the "TriState SSR Run" to Laughlin in January.

No Eric...I am NOT hallucinating again :lol :lol

You know what, I'll admit it, I have done that to. I felt like a dumb-A__ when I realized I was driving my Bronco!!!
Any other "admitters" out there?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Feeling somewhat the same

Even though it was not the same situation, I went to have lunch with my wife today, and lo and behold a Yellow in the parking lot of "Duke's Sports Bar" in Scottsdale. I inquired of the waitress, if she knew who was the driver, and she pointed the guy out, but my lovely wife reminded me that we were not there to discuss :ssr s, and restricted me from approaching said driver.
If that driver is looking on this site, hey, let's get you to slide along with us, here in the area, for future club runs.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Gina said:
You know what, I'll admit it, I have done that to. I felt like a dumb-A__ when I realized I was driving my Bronco!!!
Any other "admitters" out there?
You can avoid that embarassment by getting rid of the Bronco, getting another :ssr and driving only the :ssr ! :jester

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
blueeyes said:
You can avoid that embarassment by getting rid of the Bronco, getting another :ssr and driving only the :ssr ! :jester

Nope, keeping the Bronco and the F150 King Ranch!!!!!!! Not closed minded enough to only drive only one brand of vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Ouch!

Gina said:
Nope, keeping the Bronco and the F150 King Ranch!!!!!!! Not closed minded enough to only drive only one brand of vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay - me too! :jester My third one is a Ford - though not a truck. Just a modest little '50 radical custom shoebox (4" chop, 4" drop, nosed, decked, b-pillar removed, still with some original lead from accident repair in the 50's - a true lead sled :reddevil ).

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
blueeyes said:
Okay - me too! :jester My third one is a Ford - though not a truck. Just a modest little '50 radical custom shoebox (4" chop, 4" drop, nosed, decked, b-pillar removed, still with some original lead from accident repair in the 50's - a true lead sled :reddevil ).
See, you were holdin' out on us!!!!!!!!! :cool

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blueeyes said:
Tried to talk the hubby into getting his own :ssr but now I realize he believes I will tire of it...like I have done with every vehicle...and it'll be his anyway. Right now, I am here to say he is wrong, but then again, have only had this baby since March. He did try to talk me into a Slingshot instead of the Ultra Violet...now I know why :lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
Opinionated women

artsmart said:
Tried to talk the hubby into getting his own :ssr but now I realize he believes I will tire of it...like I have done with every vehicle...and it'll be his anyway. Right now, I am here to say he is wrong, but then again, have only had this baby since March. He did try to talk me into a Slingshot instead of the Ultra Violet...now I know why :lol
are a hoot, keep us on our toes, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I knew if my wife tired of her SSR, it would be gone and I wouldn't "inherit" - just like her last 2 'Vettes. Besides, I was not getting many operator hours! Lucky for me, the poor deluded woman still thinks I have some redeeming qualities, and when I found the Blur, she was the one that insisted we go look, drive, buy. Could it be she didn't want me driving her SSR anymore...? Nah! :rolleyes:

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey, now I am confused :confused ...Is Connie blueeyes or is that you, Frank??? Wouldn't she let you have your own user name? At least you two don't share the :ssr :lol :lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, I'm confused too.

My wife is Blueeyes (you'll meet her/us in Laughlin). I urged her to join the forum with her own ID at the time, because I was SSR-deprived. After I found the Blur, I got on the pin map, but didn't join under another name - in an effort (obviously unsuccessful) to avoid confusion. If you go to the pin map, look for blueeyes, click on it, I've been assigned "blueeyes' bo" at our location. Oh, whatthehell - we've been married more than 35 years (we were only children at the time!) and it's unlikely we're going to insist on separate forum names, etc. at this point. (I've always considered myself pretty secure, and have driven purple cars, but the purple seat belt pad, pink ribbon magnet, etc., pushed me over the edge to the Blur!) All seriousness aside, she's not much for posting, but she enjoys reading posts and encourages me to write, knowing there are a few folk out there just waiting to pop my pompous balloon! So - if I said "to make a long story short" I would obviously be way too late - Connie is blueeyes, I'm just her groupie. ;)

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad all that is clear now :rolleyes: Since my hubby, Tim, doesn't have his own :ssr he doesn't seem to mind driving mine with the pink ribbon or the dashmat/plates that say cruisin' girl...I would bet that if he did inherit the :ssr he wouldn't change a thing...secure? lazy? or just doesn't care? Looking forward to meeting you two in Laughlin...it should be so much fun.

Happy Thanksgiving Blueeyes and Blueeyes' Bo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts