Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
If anyone is interested and wants a third party to check this one out, let me know. It is pretty close to me and could use an excuse to go see it :seeya

Not in the SSR today and was wondering if those are the stock tire sizes?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
Great looking SSR

I especially like the clean look of the tailgate W/O the bowtie and the subtle looking decal. Looks like stock wheels to me.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Not stock but what else is so special except the paint and wheels. No engine mods, no interior work? :confused
And why did the dealer take it to an empty dumpy looking spot to take pictures?
It seems a low price as well, I guess because of the miles.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I love the look. Sometimes, as the saying goes, less is more. In this case, less rules. Fantastic job Boyd! The 21K price is not the price. There is a reserve on this baby and I am sure it will go for quite a bit more or not sell. Sure wish I knew what the reserve is on it. Those Boyd coddington wheels are sweet!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I love the look. Sometimes, as the saying goes, less is more. In this case, less rules. Fantastic job Boyd! The 21K price is not the price. There is a reserve on this baby and I am sure it will go for quite a bit more or not sell. Sure wish I knew what the reserve is on it. Those Boyd coddington wheels are sweet!

It is under $39,900 Look at the buy it now

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont car much for the wheels I guess im used to my chrome wheels. I also said the same thing about no interior mods but I wouldnt turn it down I wonder how many Boyd did?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I looked at this SSR few weeks ago at Don Davis Dealership... he has 8 or 9 stores in Dfw area...the story was that SSR was Don's personal car and they had no idea what Boyd had done...I made a few call and boyd did the paint and wheels which are the oem size...they where asking 39.9k for it...I offered them 30k since i had deal on a show room new SSR for 31k... I figured i can do the paint and wheels and super-charger and be very close to 40k.....The suzuki store must bought it at the dealer auctin or something like that...

·
Registered
110 Posts
which wheel

did this one have of Boyd's? We're still trying to find some photo's of Boyd wheels on actual SSR's and haven't had much luck. Thanks

G

·
After watching American Hot Rod, not sure that I would buy a car or truck that came from his shop. His wheels are probably great, but the weekly shows are filled with poor planning and workmanship - accented with lots of bondo filler before painting.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Weld And Grind

whtroyer said:
After watching American Hot Rod, not sure that I would buy a car or truck that came from his shop. His wheels are probably great, but the weekly shows are filled with poor planning and workmanship - accented with lots of bondo filler before painting.
:agree
Looks like a weld and grind shop , (poor welding and even grinding steering arms trying to make them fit the spindle , only to find they were trying to install them wrong)

·
Registered
904 Posts

LOL it is a TV show, Look at what they do on American choper but go to a custom show and you can see the real workmanship, Is the SSR a deal, Stick a supercharge on it and you have a real show and go for less than most gave for their stockers

·
Registered
601 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts