Chevy SSR Forum banner

Boyd Coddington's Limited Edition SSR

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Cash 
#1 ·
Checkout Barrett-Jackson's website.
There's is a auction on June 26/27 in Los Angeles at the Peterson Museum, for sale is a SSR by Boyd Coddington. It's Nice 2 tone Black and Sliver for auction(drawing only).
This the second one I've seen done by a Major Hot Rod Builder, the other one was built by So.Cal. Speed Shop at the Grand Roadster Show in Pomona CA. :cool

#4 ·
Nice looking truck - I'd like to see a photo of the actual truck - the wheels shown are a 5 bolt. The SSR is a small diameter 6 bolt. When I called Coddington, I was told they did not have wheels to fit size, bolt pattern, or offset on the SSR. It would be great if they are building the wheels to fit.

#9 ·
Open House Today at Coddington',

Going to the open house at the Hot Shop today.
It happens every 2nd Saturday of the month from 10am to 12pm in La Habra,CA.
Will try to take some pictures today, .......stay tuned.....:cool

#10 ·
I don't care so much for other colors than the red on the SSR. Sorry guys but red is it. I wouldn't mind the two tome red and cream I have seen in some pics.

#11 ·
Here's a couple of pictures of today's Open House. The Sliver & Black SSR was no where in sight. I asked 1 of the staff for it, he said it was in Texas having some work done to it, but will ready for Barrett-Jackson in two weeks.
Met the owner ( Mike) of the yellow SSR, from La Mirada, and another SSR owner from Texas, who was here for a VW car Show(His VW is next to SSR) Sunday in Irvine,Ca.
The two owners haven't heard of this Website, but would be checking it out tonite.
Stay tuned........:seeya

#13 ·
redssrloaded said:
I don't care so much for other colors than the red on the SSR. Sorry guys but red is it. I wouldn't mind the two tome red and cream I have seen in some pics.
I like a solid Candy Red paint myself, check out the SO CAL PUSH TRUCK Tread, it's a 2 tone Red & white.

#14 ·
Boyd Coddington

Nice pics Rick. I'm going to have to try to make it down there next time.

#17 ·
RickSSR said:
Checkout Barrett-Jackson's website.
There's is a auction on June 26/27 in Los Angeles at the Peterson Museum, for sale is a SSR by Boyd Coddington. It's Nice 2 tone Black and Sliver for auction(drawing only).
This the second one I've seen done by a Major Hot Rod Builder, the other one was built by So.Cal. Speed Shop at the Grand Roadster Show in Pomona CA. :cool
Rick:

Take yourself back to the Duntov Corvette road racing days and prepare yourself for the Detroit Enduro from Tractech Corp. at the '04 SEMA Show. We are project car builders and we just took delivery yesterday of our 6 ltr.

You'll like this one! Not just louvered with a 'swoop' paint sceme, rims, dropped, with louvers! :seeya

#18 ·
Wowee!

DJ&F said:
Rick:

Take yourself back to the Duntov Corvette road racing days and prepare yourself for the Detroit Enduro from Tractech Corp. at the '04 SEMA Show. We are project car builders and we just took delivery yesterday of our 6 ltr.

You'll like this one! Not just louvered with a 'swoop' paint sceme, rims, dropped, with louvers! :seeya
I guess asking for a pic or two would be out of the question? Thanks, Don

#19 · (Edited)
I guess asking for a pic or two would be out of the question? Thanks, Don
I know this thread is 13 years old but Don made a great point
This is how our threads go from really interesting to absolutely useless in the future from a historical point of view
I read through this thread - guys were excited back then - today it meant absolutely nuthin!

When threads come up this vague, someone needs to post pictures, try to figure out a VIN etc
Otherwise, tracking our SSR history becomes more difficult as each year passes.

I can't say I have not been guilty of this same thing - but really trying to get that ship on the right track - or is that a train? HaHa!
Because I track stuff, I think I know which SSR this is, but was a struggle to locate it in my stuff - if in fact I am correct

I think it is 1GCES14P74B110874 - Custom Silver over Black Boyd Coddington Edition
This truck was built first week of June 2004 - doubt if Coddington got the idea of this TuTone from GM as GM's foray into the "Traditional" TuTones began in May 2005 (My opinion - would need to double check)

In the early days a lot of people had exciting ideas about the SSR!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet ssr
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet ssr Pickup truck
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Chevrolet ssr
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet ssr

Point is, let's try to post VIN's and pictures!

Attachments

#22 ·
Bruce - they were never posted

LINKS last about 30 days - so posting a link to a for sale site is like drafting Ryan Leaf
Pictures (posted properly - rather than from a cloud) are there forever.
That is what we need - solid evidence - a VIN and pics.

This particular SSR came up again later in the day, probably about 5 years ago
If it hadn't, we would still be scratching our heads.

I hope this means something to Fanatics other than me.

#24 ·
Yeah, sorry - the links are still there but when you try to open eventually lead nowhere.
Most links are like auto trader ads - okay today but gone in a few days or months with no way to recover them or the information

#26 ·
Those are the same four photos I have of the Coddington SSR.

I'm adding the original drawing for historical accuracy.

The wheels and stance on the drawing are much better than the reality.

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
I had that as well - guess I should have added it, in fact, will edit and add :thumbs
The reason I didn't is I wasn't sure of the source - was that an actual Boyd Coddington conception/drawing
I rather think it was but who was the signatory?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Chevrolet ssr

#29 · (Edited)
IN THE FUTURE - if I see something interesting where guys only post a link - I will edit their posts and include pertinent information and pictures.
I wish people could learn to do this themselves - I know it always isn't easy as I remember well my early struggles. (still ongoing HaHa!)

As far as I recall, any Coddington mods were cosmetic.
It was for sale w/6k in 6/2011 for $29900 - pretty good buy I think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.