Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checkout Barrett-Jackson's website.
There's is a auction on June 26/27 in Los Angeles at the Peterson Museum, for sale is a SSR by Boyd Coddington. It's Nice 2 tone Black and Sliver for auction(drawing only).
This the second one I've seen done by a Major Hot Rod Builder, the other one was built by So.Cal. Speed Shop at the Grand Roadster Show in Pomona CA. :cool
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,223 Posts
Nice looking truck - I'd like to see a photo of the actual truck - the wheels shown are a 5 bolt. The SSR is a small diameter 6 bolt. When I called Coddington, I was told they did not have wheels to fit size, bolt pattern, or offset on the SSR. It would be great if they are building the wheels to fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Open House Today at Coddington',

Going to the open house at the Hot Shop today.
It happens every 2nd Saturday of the month from 10am to 12pm in La Habra,CA.
Will try to take some pictures today, .......stay tuned.....:cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
I don't care so much for other colors than the red on the SSR. Sorry guys but red is it. I wouldn't mind the two tome red and cream I have seen in some pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a couple of pictures of today's Open House. The Sliver & Black SSR was no where in sight. I asked 1 of the staff for it, he said it was in Texas having some work done to it, but will ready for Barrett-Jackson in two weeks.
Met the owner ( Mike) of the yellow SSR, from La Mirada, and another SSR owner from Texas, who was here for a VW car Show(His VW is next to SSR) Sunday in Irvine,Ca.
The two owners haven't heard of this Website, but would be checking it out tonite.
Stay tuned........:seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
redssrloaded said:
I don't care so much for other colors than the red on the SSR. Sorry guys but red is it. I wouldn't mind the two tome red and cream I have seen in some pics.
I like a solid Candy Red paint myself, check out the SO CAL PUSH TRUCK Tread, it's a 2 tone Red & white.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Boyd Coddington

Nice pics Rick. I'm going to have to try to make it down there next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lloger said:
Nice pics Rick. I'm going to have to try to make it down there next time.
The next 1 is Saturday July 10th, at Noon they have a free raffle for shirts, caps, and a Free Set of Coddington Wheels.
Stay Tuned.......:cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
RickSSR said:
Checkout Barrett-Jackson's website.
There's is a auction on June 26/27 in Los Angeles at the Peterson Museum, for sale is a SSR by Boyd Coddington. It's Nice 2 tone Black and Sliver for auction(drawing only).
This the second one I've seen done by a Major Hot Rod Builder, the other one was built by So.Cal. Speed Shop at the Grand Roadster Show in Pomona CA. :cool
Rick:

Take yourself back to the Duntov Corvette road racing days and prepare yourself for the Detroit Enduro from Tractech Corp. at the '04 SEMA Show. We are project car builders and we just took delivery yesterday of our 6 ltr.

You'll like this one! Not just louvered with a 'swoop' paint sceme, rims, dropped, with louvers! :seeya
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,664 Posts
Wowee!

DJ&F said:
Rick:

Take yourself back to the Duntov Corvette road racing days and prepare yourself for the Detroit Enduro from Tractech Corp. at the '04 SEMA Show. We are project car builders and we just took delivery yesterday of our 6 ltr.

You'll like this one! Not just louvered with a 'swoop' paint sceme, rims, dropped, with louvers! :seeya
I guess asking for a pic or two would be out of the question? Thanks, Don
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,618 Posts
I guess asking for a pic or two would be out of the question? Thanks, Don
I know this thread is 13 years old but Don made a great point
This is how our threads go from really interesting to absolutely useless in the future from a historical point of view
I read through this thread - guys were excited back then - today it meant absolutely nuthin!

When threads come up this vague, someone needs to post pictures, try to figure out a VIN etc
Otherwise, tracking our SSR history becomes more difficult as each year passes.

I can't say I have not been guilty of this same thing - but really trying to get that ship on the right track - or is that a train? HaHa!
Because I track stuff, I think I know which SSR this is, but was a struggle to locate it in my stuff - if in fact I am correct

I think it is 1GCES14P74B110874 - Custom Silver over Black Boyd Coddington Edition
This truck was built first week of June 2004 - doubt if Coddington got the idea of this TuTone from GM as GM's foray into the "Traditional" TuTones began in May 2005 (My opinion - would need to double check)

In the early days a lot of people had exciting ideas about the SSR!

#10874 Rear.JPG #10874 RR.JPG #10874 Side.JPG #10874 Front.jpg

Point is, let's try to post VIN's and pictures!
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top