Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought/installed a bra for the front of their SSR? I am looking for a source, not the pros and cons. I have used them on several high end cars in the past for road travel and am a fan of them.
I have found a couple of places that will special order them with 3 -4 weeks lead time. I am going on a 1200 mile road trip in 2 weeks and hoping to find a source that has them in stock.
 

·
Las Vegas Mob
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
Try this . . .

Colgan is the only bra manufacturer for the SSR that I know of. They are a quality item and fit snugly even at "higher" speeds! Get the mirror bras too.

Click here

Blast
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,564 Posts
BlastfromPast said:
Colgan is the only bra manufacturer for the SSR that I know of. They are a quality item and fit snugly even at "higher" speeds! Get the mirror bras too.

Click here

Blast
:agree

I have the bra & mirror covers, They fit and work get.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlastfromPast said:
Colgan is the only bra manufacturer for the SSR that I know of. They are a quality item and fit snugly even at "higher" speeds! Get the mirror bras too.

Click here

Blast
Blast,
Thanks for the info. I have ordered one from colgan. Interesting that I got the first response from you as I want the bra for a trip I am making from the SF Bay area to Las Vegas early April. While I am there I am playing golf with a good friend at Black Mountain in HENDERSON!
Thanks,
Dean

QWKSSR-Thanks for the confirmation
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,317 Posts
When the time comes, and its not too far away, I am going to go with the
INVISIGard Protection. You can see by the link that it does an excellent job of covering parts like the Colgan Bra, while still allowing the front of "Ez" to be seen. I have the full kit, including the rocker panels. Contemplating picking up the running board covers as well.

What ever works for you, I am sure you will be happy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
Focks said:
When the time comes, and its not too far away, I am going to go with the
INVISIGard Protection. You can see by the link that it does an excellent job of covering parts like the Colgan Bra, while still allowing the front of "Ez" to be seen. I have the full kit, including the rocker panels. Contemplating picking up the running board covers as well.

What ever works for you, I am sure you will be happy.
Focks - I have the Xpel invisi-bra on mine. It'll be at the TMC in May if you want a look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Colgan Bra modification

Greyfox said:
Blast,
Thanks for the info. I have ordered one from colgan. Interesting that I got the first response from you as I want the bra for a trip I am making from the SF Bay area to Las Vegas early April. While I am there I am playing golf with a good friend at Black Mountain in HENDERSON!
Thanks,
Dean

QWKSSR-Thanks for the confirmation
Colgan Bra:

Do yourself a favor and get a set of male and female snaps to replace the metal fender grippers, they do not stay attached well. I went to Home Depot and found everything in one place along with a hole punch.

Remove the metal grippers through the end of the tab. Punch the center of the tab and install the female portion of the snaps. You will drill 8 small holes under the edge of the fender for the male portion. (put the bra on and position the 4 tabs on each side...screw the male portion into the 4 holes stretch the bra to the other side then repeat process)

After two very long trips (1200 & 1000 miles) they stayed on tight and came off easy.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top