Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working on this for over 2 years, I am finally able to offer some braided stainless brake lines for the SSR. Part of the delay in this was the need for Simple Engineering to provide the unique SSR mounting block for the left rear. The machine shop had to make tooling to actually get the inverted flare put into the bottom of a threaded hole...... After that, we worked to get the "First Article" set(s) fitted and approved. One of the "lessons learned" from the test fitting is that I am including genuine GM copper crush washers in the set.

Some things just take a long time to get done.... Especially in this current environment.

I only have a few of them on the web site in this batch and the next batch (coming in about 3 weeks) is small as well, but I needed to get the announcement made and start to get these out into the fleet. I plan to have regular inventory on hand in about 2 months...

Thanks to all for the patience,

Mike

Bag Sleeve Circle Jewellery Wire

·
Registered
2004 nu2me 2016 now 90k+ LOVE IT!
286 Posts
Dang...I just got new ones installed.... well, still on the list. Just further down.

Reactions: soren703

·
Bad is Good
2005 Slingshot Yellow 6 Speed
460 Posts
Has anyone recieved there brake lines? I know SE is closed while he is out of town helping other fanatics. But my order was placed on the 13th. Just checking if any where shipped before Mike shut down . He is a one man band that wears many hats and must never sleep and even takes his magic on the road.

Thanks
BennyB

·
SSR Believer
3,326 Posts
Has anyone recieved there brake lines? I know SE is closed while he is out of town. But my order was placed on the 13th. Just checkingbif any where shipped before Mike shut down .
Thanks
BennyB
You'll get an email with a tracking number the same day they ship. Mike's a superman, but still a one-man show. So it may be a few days before they get to the shipper.

I can tell you, they are well worth the wait. (y)

·
Daily Driver
9,390 Posts
Our hero...
Forehead Glasses Head Outerwear Arm

Nothing fires him up like, "not available for your vehicle", or "that can't be done", except maybe, "oh, that's just a trailblazer".
You'd search long and hard to find someone with his engineering education, connections in manufacturing and aftermarket, passion for SSRs, and a supportive partner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts