Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Slingshot Yellow
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a failing ignition switch cause the Brake & ABS caution lights to illuminate? Doesn't happen every time. Took it to the dealer; no error codes.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,449 Posts
With this truck anything is possible when stray signals are sent on the serial data path. It would not be a bad idea to swap it out just to see since it is quite cheap to do.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,798 Posts
With this truck anything is possible when stray signals are sent on the serial data path. It would not be a bad idea to swap it out just to see since it is quite cheap to do.
Beside the fact that it would be good practice if you ever need to do it at night in the rain or some other in-opportune time and place.

·
Premium Member
2005 Slingshot Yellow
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'll have to review ignition replacement. Since I have an ignition switch I bought several years ago.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Can a failing ignition switch cause the Brake & ABS caution lights to illuminate? Doesn't happen every time. Took it to the dealer; no error codes.
other possibilities from experience
1. Bad Ground connection
2. Low Battery (sending less than 9 volts)
3. Heat (thanks Chevy for installing module next to catalytic converter)

Fact is I need to diagnose my own system again, which thanks to Houston summer I am prognosticating on :wink2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,164 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
other possibilities from experience
1. Bad Ground connection
2. Low Battery (sending less than 9 volts)
3. Heat (thanks Chevy for installing module next to catalytic converter)

Fact is I need to diagnose my own system again, which thanks to Houston summer I am prognosticating on :wink2:
Bill, probably # 3 ... that's my problem, I need a new ABS Module as the lights come on after I drive it for about 30 minutes. Let it set and they go off and are good for another 30 minutes. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
"With this truck anything is possible" You just "ain't" a whistling Dixie, Dragon2U !!! Ignition Switch, Transmission Cable Bolt, OEM Fan, Lower Radiator Brace, ABS Module, Transmission Control Module just name a few. But I'll tell you this, even with all the Gremlin's they are one fun "little truck" to drive ... there is absolutely nothing on the market today like 'em. So just fix it and try not to worry about it. tennesseecozydog :ssr

What did I leave out "Dragon" ??? Bob Alexander

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts