Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Aquablur with chrome wheels and plan on painting the brake calipers this winter. Not sure what color would look the best. Thinking red or blue, black wouldn't show. Anyone have pictures of a Blur with painted calipers?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,452 Posts
Red looks good on with all the colors and gives them a performance look in my opinion !!!!!!!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,166 Posts
Might want to go to covers. Paint doesn't seem to hold up. The heat sort of makes them blackish. The covers stay bright red all the time and actually cool the calipers some.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Four or five years ago I painted my calipers metallic blue. I really liked it. A few people told me I needed to paint them red, so I painted them red. I hated the red calipers and immediately changed them back to metallic blue. Tomorrow I will try to remember to take a couple of photos of the calipers and post them here tomorrow.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,166 Posts
I went with the Red for Aqua Blur/Pearl White.

https://www.calipercovers.com/ssr-gm-pickup-logo-red-powder-coat-finish-silver-characters-16082

You can get any color or custom color like Aqua Blur.

Search the Web for the best price.

No Painting required.

Mine were a bit cheaper. Same covers. Maybe on sale. I don't know.

MGG-14031SSSRRD
Caliper Covers, Aluminum, Red Powdercoated, SSR Logo, Chevy, Set of 4
(Mfr. #: 14031SSSRRD) Shipping From Manufacturer
Ground
$199.00 from Summit Racing. Delivered to the house via UPS. Hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,569 Posts
Red covers on a Pac Blue. I chose red to compliment the SSR emblem I put on the side. Hope this helps!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts