Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find any info regarding brake upgrades other than drilled or slotted rotors. IMO the weakest link in this great ride is the brakes. They just do not inspire confidence and really limit safe fast driving. I am seriously considering S/C my 05, but really hesitate untill I can get this thing to stop quicker and straighter. Maybe the stock tires are a big factor, they aren't particularly sticky. Anyone else agree or have any ideas?

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Really??

Compared to my last truck, these brakes kick a..
I was towing a car and full loaded (the SSR not me) going about 65 or so and had an 18 wheeler pul out in front of me doing about 15. Needless to say I stopped very well and straight. Brakes are also great on the autocross course.

Yes the pedal is a little soft but when you push on it the SSR will stop. I'm working with a company that will be producing stainless braided brake lines soon which should firm up the pedal. :thumbs

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe there is something wrong with mine then. The abs kicks in very early and tends to turn the truck sideways.

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
I have drilled/slotted rotors - they work well, but I really had no issues with the factory brakes - like HDFL said - they kick butt!!!

Ray

·
Registered
216 Posts
6.0scSSR said:
Maybe there is something wrong with mine then. The abs kicks in very early and tends to turn the truck sideways.
Ummm, if this is the case, then yes, you have a problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts