Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,338 Posts
IF you have Hydraulic Shop, you can take FRONT brakes lines to them and they will put braided stainless lines on.

They remove hose caliber connector and crimp on Braided Stainless Hose.

Braided Stainless Hose is about twice the inside diameter of OEM.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
IF you have Hydraulic Shop, you can take FRONT brakes lines to them and they will put braided stainless lines on.

They remove hose caliber connector and crimp on Braided Stainless Hose.

Braided Stainless Hose is about twice the inside diameter of OEM.

Dicktator
Thanks for that , Mike said he might have a solution he would let me know tonite (wed). I'll see if a shop is near me thanks again.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,797 Posts
A bit late to the dance on this but I had this problem when I took Kate out of storage last year.
Front wheels were very hot on return from her first run (I checked as I could smell the brakes).
On a quiet street with forgiving neighbours, I built up speed in 1st gear and slammed on the brakes.
Did the same in reverse - repeated.
This broke the callipers loose

Other options may be better, but none cheaper or less painful.

·
SSR Believer
1,193 Posts
Had a similar issue with our Toyota Tundra once. Manifested itself as a bad vibration. Hard to place at first. Read a few posts on their forum and one person suggested touching each wheel after driving for a bit. Sure enough they were all cool to the touch except the left-rear which was plenty hot. Turned out it was a stuck caliper piston. Took two of the poor tire shop guys with long crowbars to pry it loose. Replaced both rear calipers, pads, etc. and all was right with the world once more.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts