Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for your interest only, it's certainly not mine! A Brand New(File Photo) Redline, apparently it's a Taxi Yellow '06 for sale VIN#123461 (this VIN would suggest that it's Factory Parts Reject Truck)FPR at Fournier Chevrolet in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. $45,000.00 U.S. Don't know much about options etc. Maybe Cash or Mark could chirp in here. Saw it advertised on Kijiji.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,374 Posts
The truck was listed on Kijiji on Ont 16 and on their website Nov 1 but it does not show up any more on the company website. Maybe they sold it or sent it to auction or???????

1GCES14H96B123461

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck was listed on Lijiji on Ont 16 and on their website Nov 1 but it does not show up any more on the company website. Maybe they sold it or sent it to auction or???????

1GCES14H96B123461
It was still on their website this morning...go to their search box and type in ssr.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Ka Beck

Just to remind everyone they pronounce it Ka Beck, :smile2: I think they just tell Americans that's how to pronounce it just to have a little fun with us. :wink2: LOVE Canada vacations.:grin2:

WOW Just realized this is $5,000 off the MFG Retail price, GREAT deal.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Actually the colour listed in the ad is 'Jaune Mat' which translates to Dull Yellow.

Picture is of a Redline, but description says Yellow. I've never seen a 2006 SSR in DULL Yellow ...

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Found the VIN in an old post by Cash. It appears this SSR is a yellow Canadian Build (Z49 code) FRP.

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,522 Posts
Downright weird . . .

In the 13 plus years I have lived with The Doophus, I have never heard anyone refer to him as Dull Yellow.

! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,570 Posts
Actually the colour listed in the ad is 'Jaune Mat' which translates to Dull Yellow.

Picture is of a Redline, but description says Yellow. I've never seen a 2006 SSR in DULL Yellow ...
What was the reference in Cash's post? If this is truly a NEW 06 it would be interesting to know who or why there was a question on the VIN?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,374 Posts
Very odd, not sure why it did not show up when I searched before but thanks for the link.

Odometer - N/A ? Where does it say new?
It is listed in the New Car Inventory listings.

There is no way a 13 year old vehicle should be listed as "new" no matter what the miles. There will be no warranty, few replacement parts, etc...... They cannot support it like a new vehicle, why advertise it as such. Wrong on so many levels.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Very odd, not sure why it did not show up when I searched before but thanks for the link.

There is no way a 13 year old vehicle should be listed as "new" no matter what the miles. There will be no warranty, few replacement parts, etc...... They cannot support it like a new vehicle, why advertise it as such. Wrong on so many levels.
I wondering the same thing. But, I am on the other side. I think it depends on when the vehicle is put in actual service. If it hasn't been sold and titled or the dealer hasn't put in service as a Demo or Loaner then I would think a new car warranty would apply.

Definitely a question for clarification before purchase/delivery. If I had the extra cash in my wallet it would be a question I would ask.

Greg

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Maybe GM designates a "New" vehicle, as one that has never been titled to an new owner other than the dealership? Don't know, maybe it boils down to interpretation...maybe is should be called "Unused". I have seen that term before.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Warrantee

The original warrantee was 100,000 miles OR 10 years which ever comes first. I'm guessing GM isn't going to honor the warrantee BUT it would be wonderful if they did. :grin2:

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,374 Posts
I wondering the same thing. But, I am on the other side. I think it depends on when the vehicle is put in actual service. If it hasn't been sold and titled or the dealer hasn't put in service as a Demo or Loaner then I would think a new car warranty would apply.

Definitely a question for clarification before purchase/delivery. If I had the extra cash in my wallet it would be a question I would ask.

Greg
Maybe GM designates a "New" vehicle, as one that has never been titled to an new owner other than the dealership? Don't know, maybe it boils down to interpretation...maybe is should be called "Unused". I have seen that term before.
I understand the argument that if a truck was never titled it is technically "new", but I cringe when I see demo units being sold new with 5000 miles or more, just not correct. The only way they get away with that is for financing and sometimes larger discounts.

So, lets say you buy this "new" SSR, then drive it home, only to find out that after sitting for 13 years the roof struts are leaking. No new OEM GM parts available, going to have to get some used rebuilt ones.

Have a problem with the leather cracking on your seats or door panel due to improper storage? No parts for that either.

Maybe a small fender bender on the way home. Most insurance companies are sending trucks to scrap yards due to no parts.

IMHO it is just not right to advertise it as "new" for the above reasons. They cannot support it and GM has few parts. Nearly all parts are now used or rebuilt if you can find them. After sitting for 13 years, I would be very suspect of all the seals no matter what they say they or previous owner did with it. I guess if you want to buy it at the premium and leave it parked and put it in a bubble for a future auction sale hoping to recoup some money it might work if you are young and can give it a few years.

I would rather buy a 5000 mile driven truck at 30k than paying premium for this one at $47k.

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Completely agree D2U

·
Registered
202 Posts
Downright weird . . .

In the 13 plus years I have lived with The Doophus, I have never heard anyone refer to him as Dull Yellow.

! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: !
Years ago I had a Porsche 911 that made the "Slingshot" seem dull. Had too many oil leaks with the stock 2.7 liter motor (worst motor Porsche ever made) so I pulled it and installed a built turbo rotary 13B. 10,500 RPM redline. Way too much horsepower for those skinny tires. 98MPH in second gear (race track) and still not bumping the rev limiter. Three gears still to go. I wasn't brave enough to find the top speed.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts