Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand New - 2005 SSR 6 Speed "Smokin Asphalt" (Pictures added)

I purchased it on 27 July and will pick it up today at around 1:00 PM here in California. I worked the deal for almost 4 hours yesterday getting the price I wanted. Sticker price was $50,010.00 and I ended up paying $39,604.00 before tax and tags. The dealership had it on their lot for 211 days and lost $1,900.00 on it, at least that is what the owner told me. I think I got a great deal for the SSR I wanted, I had to have the 6 Speed. I also had to have the Smokin Asphalt paint. I cannt wait to go pick it up today.

Here are the options: License plate bracket, Cargo netting, Cargo compartment trim, Chrome wheels, Body color accent package, 1SB Prefered equipment, Integrated running boards, Transmission 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
New Owner

Welcome Aboard !!! , I think you got a SUPER PRICE . HERE ,You will find an answer for ALMOST every question about your new SSR :seeya KAY :ssr

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Where you able to get any sleep last nite???

Enjoy your new ride!!!:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
740 Posts
Why the hell did you buy a cheap truck?

I would have paid at least 50 grand for it. I don't like cheap stuff!

:lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
:seeya Welcome to our SSR site. On this site, will learn a lot about your new truck and about people. You got a hell of a deal and I commend you for your excellent shopping prowess. You did something that many of our members say can't be done. Congratulations!

Sarasota Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
This will be the longest hour of your life!

Wow, what an afternoon you're going to have! :cool I'm almost as excited as you, no doubt, are! :thumbs Good luck with your new toy! Keep us mere mortals posted!
Thanks,
Shimmyeye

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
And what a beautiful color you choose ! :jester

Sweet........enjoy ! :cool

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Me Too!

Just got mine last Saturday. You're gonig to love it. It won't compare to your 530i for and handling( I have a 2004 X5 4.4i whose 0-60 times are .3 faster), but it is just so cool to drive. I've never had anyone come up and ask me about my BMW X5, but just driving the SSR from IL home to CA , every time we stop at a hotel people come up and ooo and ahh ask if it is a custom truck, everyone is always looking (staring really) pointing. People pass on the freeway honk and give thumbs up, it's just plain fun. If you are like me your BMW will be a yawn after this.

Congrats and welcome to the "cult". John317

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
Thanks for the kind words, I am leaving now to pick it up. The dealership I bought from is about 1 hours drive from here.

Did you get it? Huh? Did you get it?
You must be out enjoying it instead of worrying about all these people waiting to hear!
Hahaha.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congrats!

Welcome aboard. You stole that car. :lol The dealership is probably going to call the cops. :lol

I also have a 2005 Smokin' Asphault. But I got it for only $2,000 under sticker. But, I did not have your patience. I goy my '05 in October of 2004 and already have 18,000 on it.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"WOW" what a great ride today!!!!! I picked it up and spent the day driving up and down the coast, everyone was looking. We stopped for a coffee and met an older gentleman that has a Yellow 05 Auto and just sat there over a coffee talking about them. I had a 2002 Corvette Z06 and this feels alot like the Z06 did. It feels heavier and actually rides smoother, the handleing is great! I am real glad I waited. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them here. It is 8:00 pm and I just got done detailing it, I have to take it in for a few small dings that are from being on the lot for 211 days. I cannt believe it was on the lot that long?

I had a 2005 Jeep Rubicon that I was going to trade in but decided to sell it to a Jeep dealership down the road from my house. It took them about an hour this morning to look at it and they bought it cash from me. Everything is going my way??? Hope it stays this way for a while!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My doctor says he has to submit a letter to the California DMV because of my spinal cord injury and that the DMV will be taking my motorcycle license. I will be selling my Harley if anyone is interested?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bet you bought it in Temecula.

HI Smokin,
I too live in Vista and about a month ago I bought a yellow 05. Welcome to the club!
I think I almost bought your SSR.. they tried to get me to buy it but I had my hart set on the yellow 6-speed. You'll see why when we meet.
I've seen the old man in the other yellow..not too long ago we both ended up on the 78 at the same time and cruised to San Marcos side by side, admiring each other's identical SSRs. Does he live in Vista too?
Zack :cool

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw him over in Carlsbad in his 2000 Vette. His wife has taken over the SSR, he says he likes it better then his Vette for performance and ride. We do need to get together and look at each others cars. I am on the south end of Melrose Dr by the new Home Depot. Tell me when you are up for it and we can meet at a Starbucks close by.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts