Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,896 Posts
Love the front license plate mount and location and look.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Uk ssr

Not legal in the UK to have amber front lights except turn signals. Parking/side light has to be white so must have changed something else and added the turn signals to match the rear.
Also notice one of the reversing lights has been changed to comply with the regulation that a car must have a high intensity red rear fog light for use in fog or rain mounted in the center or off side.

Rules were changed in recent years that cars made before 1960 and now into the seventies do not have to comply with these rules and are exempt from vehicle inspections and annual road tax. So if you import an older American car can keep the lights as is, red turn signals etc.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Guys, just come across this discussion and I am the guy who bought the R. To try and answer some of your questions the front round turn signals are no more as on investigation the original lights had been covered in the grey wrap which covers the top half. After I had sourced some electrical pigtails I had them rewired and the add on ones are now a thing of the past although the rear ones are still there for now. The truck was originally all over Ricochet Silver and the second owner tells me that the first U.K owner and importer [who did not respond to my letter] had done the mods and obviously had the light conversions for the British MOT ,pity it had not been done with a bit more thought??.It was bought in Fort Myers F.L for $43K and had about 2k miles on the clock on import which has now crept up to 12800. To date I have located 15 SSR ,s in the U.K four being LS 2 6.0l and eleven 5.3 two I believe are supercharged and 2/3 run on LPG and I do not know if any of them are members [except one in Ireland]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Guys, just come across this discussion and I am the guy who bought the R. To try and answer some of your questions the front round turn signals are no more as on investigation the original lights had been covered in the grey wrap which covers the top half. After I had sourced some electrical pigtails I had them rewired and the add on ones are now a thing of the past although the rear ones are still there for now. The truck was originally all over Ricochet Silver and the second owner tells me that the first U.K owner and importer [who did not respond to my letter] had done the mods and obviously had the light conversions for the British MOT ,pity it had not been done with a bit more thought??.It was bought in Fort Myers F.L for $43K and had about 2k miles on the clock on import which has now crept up to 12800. To date I have located 15 SSR ,s in the U.K four being LS 2 6.0l and eleven 5.3 two I believe are supercharged and 2/3 run on LPG and I do not know if any of them are members [except one in Ireland]
Hi I own a aqua blur 2005 with 6:0 ls2 with prins lpg system I live in Cheltenham GLos and have been a member for a couple of years Chris

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Very cool to see some over the pond in discussion.......

Gerry, sweet ride for sure!

Chris, how do you like the LPG system and what kind of MPG or KPG do you get? What was the reason to convert?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I am not the first owner, the SSR was bought new and shipped straight to the U.K. the first owner had the lpg put on when he received the SSR it has been on since 2005 and still works fine 65 pence a litre helps but you don’t by a SSR,s for economy you buy it for fun and to be different. Chris

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,314 Posts
I agree! It's great to see conversation about SSR's from elsewhere in the world! Do you guys use the word "PermaGrin" to describe your smile when driving these cool little trucks? ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi it’s hard to have conversations as their are so few and so far apart, as for a permagrin I have owned a corvette and then a 30ft Ford Lincoln and then an AC Cobra replica and then a Plymouth prowler and now a SSR I have had a subtle satisfactory smile for years. Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes Permagrin from ear to ear and a bit further and like Chris I have owned a few weird and wonderful motors, last being a Hemi Chrysler. A Chevy Caprice hearse , CHP and NYPD police vehicles 69 Rambler Javelin, Z28, Iroc Camaro , GMC Typhon and Syclone and at 19 was I driving a MGC Roadster in Snowberry White, but that was 47 years ago and although being British I wish I still had that one and that goes for the Syclone as well. Gerry

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
To date I have located 15 SSR ,s in the U.K four being LS 2 6.0l and eleven 5.3 two I believe are supercharged and 2/3 run on LPG and I do not know if any of them are members [except one in Ireland]
Hi Gerry,
I have your VIN recorded, purchased around 6/19 by my records.
I have 23 SSR's recorded overall in the UK - England (18) Ireland (4) & Scotland (1)
Some of my data is very old but one would expect they are still there although some have likely changed hands.
Also, the data I have is somewhat generic lacking contact information.

I hope jgandim reads this - mentioned his/her/theirs was originally imported new.
A possibility I have on file is a 2005 Aqua Blur - sent to Herfordshire England when new
Curious if that is his (#5B116600)

[email protected]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for info and that is interesting,just wonder where they all are and yes mine was bought in late May and registered in my mane on 1st June and now lives in Wales where the men are men and the sheep are frightened, not England lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts