Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love My car.......but the drivers door inside latch has broken twice this time the dealer tells me they are on factory backorder and could be 6 months before Iwill get one. it looks kinda silly to pull up to a parking spot and have to rool the window down (on a 42,000 dollar car) and open the door from the outside.
sorry for the wineing but I was hoping for some help on who I can go to beond the dealer.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
sa-weet said:
I love My car.......but the drivers door inside latch has broken twice this time the dealer tells me they are on factory backorder and could be 6 months before Iwill get one. it looks kinda silly to pull up to a parking spot and have to rool the window down (on a 42,000 dollar car) and open the door from the outside.
sorry for the wineing but I was hoping for some help on who I can go to beond the dealer.
I heard this from someone who heard this(yes one of those stories) from someone in Lansing.....the door handle is going to break! Dang I wish I could remember what else that was said :mad stupid memory :lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
hello.
Ive read threw all of the door handle breaks and didnt see anyone with an 03 model.
Wounder if its just an 04,05 problem ?
Pretzel~

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Drivers Door Handle Problem

WHILE AT THE HERITAGE COLLECTION EVENING - I CASUALLY MENTIONED MY DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE PROBLEM-THE FOLLOWING DAY AT LANSING SEVERAL GM EMPLOYEES (QUALITY AND ENGINEER TYPES) LOCATED ME AND PROVIDED SOME INSIGHT-THE Y PLAN TO SEND A DEALER NOTICE TO REPLACE THE INSERTS (OVAL) IN THE DOOR PANEL-B0TH SIDES-A REDESIGN RESULTED IN STRONGER ATTACH POINTS FOR THE DOOR HANDLE RETAINING PINS.. SINCE THE DRIVERS DOOR WILL FAIL FIRST IT WILL ONLY BE A PERIOD OF TIME FOR THE PASSENGER SIDE TO FAIL ALSO.....CANNOT GIVE YOU A TIME LINE FOR REPLACEMENT PARTS BUT FEEL CONFIDENT WE CAN SOLVE THIS ONE IN TIME---WAS IMPRESSED WITH THEIR CONCERN ON QUALAITY AND CANNOT THANK ALL ENOUGH FOR THE INVITE AND OUTSTANDING EFFORT PUT FORTH BY ALL...ONLY IN AMERICA-IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT!!!!!! I HAVE A POINT OF CONTACT ON THIS ISSUE AND WILL FOLLOW UP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS... :) :) :) :seeya

·
Registered
579 Posts
See If You Can Get a Rental

sa-weet said:
I would not drive it in that condition and see if I could get a rental. It's a brand new vehicle. They sould be able to accomodate you.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Door Handle here too . . . . .

ECurtis said:
I would not drive it in that condition and see if I could get a rental. It's a brand new vehicle. They sould be able to accomodate you.

When I got my SSR out of "hock" last Friday (took 7 days to get a radiator fan and 2 hours to install it) after having driven a rental for 8 days, my service rep asked me if I wanted to keep the rental and wait for the inside driver's door handle. It has been back-ordered for 5 weeks at that point and nothing on the horizon looked promising so I said no, I'd just have to get by I guess.

Call me fickle, but I "missed" driving my truck and was growing weary of that milquetoast 4 door Malibu rental. :lol

I'm with the OP, I can't understand how a huge corporation like GMC can have so much trouble and take so much time getting the parts to fix a simple door handle on such an expensive vehicle ? ? ? :mad

Gary (WearyEagle)

W

·
0 Posts
All Dealers are not the same!

6.0TOGO said:
WHILE AT THE HERITAGE COLLECTION EVENING - I CASUALLY MENTIONED MY DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE PROBLEM-THE FOLLOWING DAY AT LANSING SEVERAL GM EMPLOYEES (QUALITY AND ENGINEER TYPES) LOCATED ME AND PROVIDED SOME INSIGHT-THE Y PLAN TO SEND A DEALER NOTICE TO REPLACE THE INSERTS (OVAL) IN THE DOOR PANEL-B0TH SIDES-A REDESIGN RESULTED IN STRONGER ATTACH POINTS FOR THE DOOR HANDLE RETAINING PINS.. SINCE THE DRIVERS DOOR WILL FAIL FIRST IT WILL ONLY BE A PERIOD OF TIME FOR THE PASSENGER SIDE TO FAIL ALSO.....CANNOT GIVE YOU A TIME LINE FOR REPLACEMENT PARTS BUT FEEL CONFIDENT WE CAN SOLVE THIS ONE IN TIME---WAS IMPRESSED WITH THEIR CONCERN ON QUALAITY AND CANNOT THANK ALL ENOUGH FOR THE INVITE AND OUTSTANDING EFFORT PUT FORTH BY ALL...ONLY IN AMERICA-IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT!!!!!! I HAVE A POINT OF CONTACT ON THIS ISSUE AND WILL FOLLOW UP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS... :) :) :) :seeya
The Dealership here in Blue Springs, Mo. told me that I would have to wait until the passenger side doorhandle brakes before they would replace it! I have no idea how long it will be before my driverside panel comes in! I`ll keep everyone informed when it does get fixed! Walter.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Inside Door Handle Problem

AS I INDICATED IN A PREVIOUS RESPONSE =I HAVE A CONTACT AT GM ON THIS ISSUE AND PLAN TO CONTACT HIM NEXT WEEK-THE DEALER RESPONSE SEEMS EXTREME-ALTHOUGH I WAS INFORMED THAT THE FIX WHEN IT OCCURS WILL BE FOR BOTH DOORS WHETHER OR NOT THE RIGHT SIDE IS BROKEN...WILL PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFO LATE NEXT WEEK...CHUCKSTER..... :banghead :banghead :flag :cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts