Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had luck repairing a cracked spear? (See photos below) Some A hole bumped me at some point while in Gatlinburg and of course didn't stick around to fess up. Not surprising anymore these days. But anyway, post any suggestions below... Thanks Jarod

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
190 Posts
Firetruck, I'm so sorry about this happening to your R, and agree that in today's "It's all about me," the person didn't at least leave a note. Ebay seems to always have the. Again sorry. 90 Fatboy

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hope your sitting down Firetruck there's two on ebay OEM brand new $484 and the other ones $570....OUCH!!
Check with Clevelandpap out of Ohio they might have a used one....

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
I suggest you contact Mike Byers at Classic Chevrolet Wholesale in Texas. Mike is a long time serious supporter of the SSR and gives us the best pricing for OEM parts. Last I talked to him, he had both satin and chrome ones available.

My two cents,

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,451 Posts
Anyone had luck repairing a cracked spear? (See photos below) Some A hole bumped me at some point while in Gatlinburg and of course didn't stick around to fess up. Not surprising anymore these days. But anyway, post any suggestions below... Thanks Jarod
Jarod, I sold my Chrome spear to some one in Maggie. He probably has a Satin one. Don't remember his handle. He was from the Knoxville, Tn area and left early. Good Luck, Robert

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
If your tabs are good, then you could probably have it plastic "welded". You could then have it painted if it won't match.

I think the painted one would look good on your truck and you should have some paint left maybe.

I would not be in a hurry to buy lottery tickets if I were you. Your luck seems to be going south.

Dave

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I do have the satin spear available...$250.00 plus shipping or pick up. We are in north Knoxville. 865-660-9386 Fred

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Broken Front Spear

This can be repaired by plastic welding. But to do so all of the satin plating in and around the area of the crack must be removed to expose the base material. After welding, the surface can be prepared for refinishing but would then best be painted. The original satin plating was applied over a thin layer of copper coating, which will also be removed in the repair area.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a red chrome spear I would sale. If you have an interest, PM me.
Thanks @Dr Who. Red chrome not my style, but I have chrome grill inserts already to install so I might try to find a chrome one. So anyone out there want to part with a chrome spear? May not fit the budget but never hurts to find out. Thanks Jarod

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all! @runfaster is coming over Sunday for a mini tech day (2 trucks) to investigate what has moved behind the spear and then we'll move forward with you suggestions. Thanks Jarod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts