Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I receieved a rock chip in my windshield of my SSR recently that this morning developed a crack. The chip was literally a chip and unrepairable as a bullseye or spider crack would be.
They are replacing the glass today, any advice from anyone on what I should look for before accepting delivery of it? I am aware of the antenna situation and was blessed witha good one from the factory, well I'm sure the new one will not work properly, but i have a fix for that (thanks Texster68).

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
ampmop said:
They are replacing the glass today, any advice from anyone on what I should look for before accepting delivery of it? )
Ampmop, if it were mine, I'd insist on OEM glass - identifiable by the "SSR" logo in the center bottom of the glass.

Blast

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both

Thank you, I did request OEM glass, we'll see,
The rock bounced off the invisible bra (it worked), then hit the hood beyond (3 small chips, easily fixed I hope), then the windshield.
I think I saw horns and fangs on it as it careened off the glass :reddevil

·
Registered
421 Posts
Me too!

I'm getting a rock chip in my windshield repaired and my passenger window replaced in the morning. I hate the interstate for only 2 reasons: TRUCKS dropping ROCKS! :mad

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Replacement Glass

:mad
BlastfromPast said:
Ampmop, if it were mine, I'd insist on OEM glass - identifiable by the "SSR" logo in the center bottom of the glass.

Blast
My dealer just replaced my windshield and they told me that they are using the PPG glass as the OEM replacement. To get a SSR windshield from Lansing could take up to a year and a half. Has anybody had any better luck. :boxing

Richard H Shute

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ampmop said:
... I am aware of the antenna situation and was blessed witha good one from the factory, well I'm sure the new one will not work properly, but i have a fix for that (thanks Texster68)...

what is your antenna fix???

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jleas524 said:
what is your antenna fix???
Do a search or PM Texster

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I had mine replaced about 6 months ago with the OEM glass with the SSR logo. It took about 2 weeks to get the windshield.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Check it out.

When my windshield was replaced for the missing antenna strip, the windshield guy cracked the "A" pillar on the passenger side. It has to come off to get the windshield out and back in. The dealer took care of this under warranty.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ppg

It was PPG OEM, haven't had a chance to ask about SSR OEM. The replacement process caused a vibration in the cowling now that is unbearable above 60mph. I am not happy. :cuss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts