Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn’t a big deal, but one of the wing nuts that is used to mount the hard ‘saddle bags’ in the cargo area is broken. Does anyone have an extra, or know where I might be able to locate such an item? Let me know if you can help.

Thank you,

John
‘SoonerSSR’

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
This isn’t a big deal, but one of the wing nuts that is used to mount the hard ‘saddle bags’ in the cargo area is broken. Does anyone have an extra, or know where I might be able to locate such an item? Let me know if you can help.

Thank you,

John
‘SoonerSSR’
:|
Not sure as to the mounting setup for the hard (saddle bags), but if it uses the same sliding nut setup within the side rails, as do the soft (saddle bags), you can find other "posts" here via a search that explain how to duplicate and/or make some similar to work.:smile2:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,683 Posts
Wing Nut for Saddle Bag

I haven't seen any tall plastic wing nuts that are similar to the original ones supplied with the hard saddle storage bags, but a good hardware store will carry a standard metric wing nut that would work in conjunction with a fender washer. The thread size to match the stud is M5 with a 0.8 thread pitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts