Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new SSR from the dealership. Drove it home, about 15 miles. Sweet.

I first saw the SSR in the showroom back in 03 and thought that's what I want. Well it took me almost 3 years to realize my dream (money wise). Yes it's a buyers market but I did not haggle too much on the price because this dealer had the color and options I wanted on the 05 (last in silver around this area). This was the first car/truck I ever purchased without a test drive. So my drive home was very special. After my drive home, I don't care what other guys are paying for there SSRs, I would have paid retail.

The sales guy told me the breakin should be 55 mph for the first 500 miles :mad
I told my wife I'll try to keep it down. :rolleyes:

This is my observation after only a day with this truck:

Everyone's watching you. That's how I felt on the road.
Of course lots of power. Not as loud as I thought, which for me is good cause I use it as a daily driver and leave the house at 5 am.
The power bogs down on the initial push of the pedal (I have the auto and read the trends). Does changing the air filter really help this problem?
The first thing I did was put in my golf clubs. I can get 2 sets and the carts in with no problem. Thank God, if it didn't all fit, I would have been screwed. I can even get 1 set and cart in with the two molded storage bins in the rear.
Fit and finish was okay to good. But not what I expect from a $40 truck. Lots of plastic feel. But I knew this when I purchased.
Blind spots all over the place. Hope a small bubble on my side mirrors will help.
Can't see my passenger front fender at all. Makes reversing into my parking stall harder.
Front of the trucks crying for rock chips. Will be taking my SSR in for an "invisible" bra.

All in all am very happy. Anyone thinking of delaying a purchase for the best price should drive one, you'll be hooked.

I would like to thank everyone one who posted in the disc group. I've been reading for over 6 months prior to my purchase, and without this board, I would have NOT purchased this truck (would have gotten cold feet). If fact, this was the first vehicle I've purchased with out that dreaded "Did I do the right thing" feeling after I sighed the purchase agreement.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I did the right thing. What blind spots? Have you tried driving with out the dark glasses? :lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
"invisible bra" ???

Please tell me/us more about invisible bras. I figure it is a clearish protective spray that dries rockhard but would like your details, please. thnx!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in real trouble with the "Break in policy"

Picked it up Tueday at 2PM. Been road trippin' every day since. I.ve been way off the 50mph mark. Almost got that 500 mile part right though. My wife wants to know if that top really does go up! It was a little cool last night, but what the heck. I've been riding a motorcycle in the cold for years.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SSR Poly Bra

Danko said:
Please tell me/us more about invisible bras. I figure it is a clearish protective spray that dries rockhard but would like your details, please. thnx!
The bra is a 4 mil clear poly shield installed professionally. It cost $$$. Comes with a lifetime against peel and fade. They will do the rear view mirrors and front of the truck including the grill. Got a 20% discount because I will be tinting the side windows at the same time. Takes all day to install.
I considered the material bra but just decided I didn't want to cover up the face.
Will let you know how it looks after installation on Tuesday.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
"Break In"???????

Bought mine in Erie, PA in Jan '04. 4 miles on the odometer. Two days later was home in Florida 1130 miles later. What break in?????

P/P

Peace :flag

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Bought mine in Erie, PA in Jan '04. 4 miles on the odometer. Two days later was home in Florida 1130 miles later. What break in?????

P/P

Peace :flag
Ed would have gotten there in 930 miles, but he got LOST! :lol :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts