Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
pherrley said:
Why is the GM part so much priceir?? Does that one come with the whole pedal mechanisim ?
I do not believe the parts on e-bay are from the factory. The item from GM is not a press on. It comes with the whole pedal mechanisim. Takes about 20 minutes to install and looks great.

Marc (bcbear)

·
OP
8,225 Posts
gm parts direct

I ordered the 06 pedals for my 05 from GM parts direct and they are still in the box waiting on me to install.
For the automatic transmission, you get a full accelerator assembly, a brake pedal cover, a dead pedal cover.
They look cool.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dragon2U said:
The automatic set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto...ryZ33700QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Note that the accelerator pedal requires removing the OEM pedel, then installing the SS pedal in its place. The GM part replaces the entire pedal assembly.

The ss brake pedal is a replacement for the rubber brake pedal cover, slips over the medal pedal. I assume the GM part does likewise (haven't received mine yet.)

Interesting the GM pedal assembly shows the "fly by wire" fuel system - it has electrical connector instead of a connection for a cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts