Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone besides BobA had this? Mine's doing it on both sides now - the vinyl around the door arm rest looks like something is inflating it - not a good look. I HATE letting a dealer have to do this, because every trip has the potential to introduce more issues, but I guess I can work on the Bose speaker rattling thing as well.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,970 Posts
Defective?

I have seen that happen on Corvettes as well. In "my" opinion your door pannels are defective. Have your dealer look at it and perhaps you can get new replacement ones.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Door Panels

Yes this has happened to mine, it happened the first summer I had it. I took it to the dealer and had them order a new set. At that time there were having trouble with a supply of them and also brought up discussion on replacing just the insert on the door panel, instead of the whole panel.

They may have changed the assembly proceedure since then.

Take it in, it's a free change.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vinyl

If you put leather on the inserts in the door panels, make sure that they take the vinyl off first. the leather will wrinkle if you dont. Dealership replaced my whole door panels when they fixed mine. 1st time it came without the insert, a lot of help that was. One reason I went ahead and leathered mine while they were doing the seats. the passenger side was already starting to bubble a little. I think that was about the only problem I have had with my 05 :ssr

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had the same problem with a 2000 Chrysler 300M, after a trip to the Grand Canyon one July (117 Fahrenheit). The dealer just said "they'll do that in extreme heat."

Sometime before next summer, I plan to take the SSR to a local upholstery shop (assuming I can find a good one), and have them recover the parts of the "leather seats" that aren't actually leather with the real thing. (It still grinds my gears that Chevy has the gall to call these anything more than "partial leather seating surfaces.") I may just have the door panel inserts recovered at the same time. (I wonder if there's a grey leather available that's a good match for the silver?)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
JAustin said:
I had the same problem with a 2000 Chrysler 300M, after a trip to the Grand Canyon one July (117 Fahrenheit). The dealer just said "they'll do that in extreme heat."

Sometime before next summer, I plan to take the SSR to a local upholstery shop (assuming I can find a good one), and have them recover the parts of the "leather seats" that aren't actually leather with the real thing. (It still grinds my gears that Chevy has the gall to call these anything more than "partial leather seating surfaces.") I may just have the door panel inserts recovered at the same time. (I wonder if there's a grey leather available that's a good match for the silver?)

These guys were at the Good Guys Hot Rod Show might give them a shout...
www.issexotics.com
www.ldctx.com
they had lots of choices!!! Might also ask fanatic member furykay, he is retired body man might have connections still :seeya

·
Registered
26 Posts
Door ARm rest

Just had by passenger door panel replaced today. Took about 45 minutes. Came out great. The replacement part was about $180 + $40 for labor, ALL covered under warranty. I'm very fortunate to go to a tremendous Chevy dealer in Santa Ana CA. Guaranty Chevy they have been amazing. Fixed very thing without any problems or complaints.
I would recommend taking it in it is a very simple job. Good luck
w.Spencer 03 redssr
:)

·
Premium Member
17,316 Posts
I have noticed the same thing, around my mid section. It appears to have inflated around the middle, not really bubbling but one big inflation. I have tried to contact my dealer, and he wont do anything about it. I guess i could try the BBB but am thinking I may have to consult the BUFFET, and just walk away from it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buffeyt

Focks said:
I have noticed the same thing, around my mid section. It appears to have inflated around the middle, not really bubbling but one big inflation. I have tried to contact my dealer, and he wont do anything about it. I guess i could try the BBB but am thinking I may have to consult the BUFFET, and just walk away from it.
I think you have my problem, we consult the buffet to often!! :glol :agree :glol :leaving

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
the dealer told me they were ordering the 03-04 style to mach the pass-side but it's the 05-06 style that they installed:eek
will they replace the other one to match:confused
has anyone had this issue?:flag

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.