Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Group,

I am sure most of us know our exact build dates of our SSRs. However I thought I'd share an easy way for those that might not know or for those that are just looking for a way to find out. (You never know, you just might find yourself strolling around in a dealers lot someday on a Sunday looking to buy one and you desire to know how long that SSR has been sitting around)

You can quickly check out a build date of an SSR by just taking a fast look under the rear fascia. (Have to get on your hands and knees though) Look up under the real driver's side fender area and you will see a white bar code with the date/time printed on the bottom. That is the time it was made by the vendor and it can be approx. a 2 hour or a days leadtime. Thus the finish build could be that day or the next day. (depending on the time of day it is received at the plant)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
I can tell you an easier way yet! Look on the edge of the drivers door below the lock mechanism. There is a decal, and on the top line it says: MFG by General Motors Corp. Then there's four digits, (example) 08/03

Scott 0168 :flag

·
Administrator
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Date

Thats correct Scott... I quess my intent there was more to try to help out the novice looker or a future buyer that might be trying to find out the build date on their own while the truck happens to be locked up and or no sales person was around. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts