Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this date? This is the third builb date i,ii gotten. How can you find out what number you have? My build date is now 10/13/03.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My build date is Oct. 13 (TPW)

TPW is Oct. 13......hasnt changed since I ordered it on August 7. I really dont understand why it hasnt though. Seems everyone elses has.....especially those trucks that were delivered and then sent back to the factory. Should be that those people who were before me and had theirs returned would get the first batch available to replace their original order......thereby pushing mine further out. But then again....what part of this SSR procedure has made any sense? Its just my opinion....but you mean to tell me that they are just now finding an issue with a leaky top? These vehicles were originally for spring delivery...then summer...then fall. Why didnt GM just wait, get all the bugs out, make sure suppliers were ready and then build the trucks. Its like they are trying to meet a deadline which never should have been placed on it. I realize about the CAFE ratings, EPA and other gov't jargon making them produce a few 2003's to meet requirements but I think its plain silly to have been put in this situation. A manufacturer can title a vehicle as a 2005 In January (less than 4 months away). I would much rather have a 2005 title than a 2003. But no, Im not going to wait until 05. Your missing my point if you think I want to. I want an 05 in Jan 04.....which technically I think is possible ( isnt it?). They made 1997 Prowlers.....no 1998's....then resumed as 1999's in 1998. So manufacturer's have leeway in this regard. If production doesnt happen soon, I'm not so sure they can produce a 2003 in the year 2004. If it takes 6 months to get this thing underway you mean to tell me that these vehicles will still be 2003's? The govt. , CAFE people, EPA, and GM better get their heads together to figure this one out. Who would want to buy a new 2002 vehicle right now? Same difference. I think I will form a "Give Us An 05 in Jan." Club.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't the 25 2003 Signature Series SSR's count as a limited production already, with 3 being sold already ours could at least be called 2004's. I'm all for forming a "Give Us An 05 in Jan." Club. or even 2004!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
My current build date (just changed last week - again) is now 10/13. This is the 4th or 5th date I have had. Original order went into VOMS the first week of June.

I want a 2003 - even if it is into '04 before I even see one of these trucks.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Smokin'!

Yes, I'm thinking the 25 Signature would surely count towards that run of 2003's but there is a certain number that they must produce to meet regulations and I'm not sure what that number is. But can they produce these additional 2003"s in mid 2004? Hmmmm. ......Lets get those bulit (whatever that number is) and switch to 05.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When waiting for my PT a few years ago, I seem to remember something about February being the soonest an auto maker can title a car for the following model year. (Could have been March but I think it was February). In other words, February '04 is the soonest they could label it an '05.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts