Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fanatics: I installed a Magnacharger and I started with 250 HP and finished with 206 HP!! Had a problem with the fuel delivery and I changed the fuel pressure regulator diaphram as it had a hole in it. GM has a bulletin out on this for all 5.3 truck engines. I can now dyno and program the computer using HP. :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Gary's 04 said:
Fanatics: I installed a Magnacharger and I started with 250 HP and finished with 206 HP!! Had a problem with the fuel delivery and I changed the fuel pressure regulator diaphram as it had a hole in it. GM has a bulletin out on this for all 5.3 truck engines. I can now dyno and program the computer using HP. :thumbs

Other than having a mechanic look at it, can we tell if we have a problem with the fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking 4 an SSR -- The engine would not pull above 4000 RPMs, the engine was sluggish, and the the engine would crank 3 or 4 times prior to starting vs starting immediately when turning the key. Hope this helps! :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Thanks,

I didn't think I had a problem (and I don't here), but I was curious what the symptoms were just to keep them in the back of my head (with the rocks and other stuff).

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
gary, while yes the fuel pressure regulator can cause the problem you had, there iis no bulletin for pressure regulator problems. I make my living as a master GM tech and I just did a search on GM service info and I couldn't find anything for bulletins. If you could get a bulletin # I would like to see it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gary's 04 said:
looking 4 an SSR -- The engine would not pull above 4000 RPMs, the engine was sluggish, and the the engine would crank 3 or 4 times prior to starting vs starting immediately when turning the key. Hope this helps! :thumbs
I installed a Magna Charger on mine last month. When I went to move the fuel pressure regulator from the old manifold to the new one, the small o-ring on the end of the regulator stayed in the old manifold. I had the same exact...underline exact... symptoms. I called Magnuson and their tech guy suggested I look to see if this had happen....seems like it must happen a lot... and to my suprise It sure did. I thought I was being careful to follow all directions to a "T" and just missed this one. Anyway, I slipped the small o-ring in where it belonged and everything is perfect now. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
wingrider -- the GM tech, that advised of the bulletin, works for a GMC dealer and he advised the speed shop of the repair. I will call and see if I can get this info personally. Stay Tuned!

ntmmd8r -- your response from Magnacharger is the same as my speed shop received concerning the problem but unfortunately that wasn't the answer. The speed shop that I utilized is an installer and was recommended by Magnacharger and they knew of the same repair as yours, but called Magnacharger to see if they had other ideas. The GM tech loafs at the speed shop after hours and advised of the repair during a "bench racing" session. Unfortunately, it seems my regulator broke at the same time as the install. I had the speed shop send me the diaphram and it definately had a hole in it. I didn't use the GM warranty to keep the BS down. The speed shop will be sending me the dyno charts after they reprogram the computer and after changing the pulley to a 2.85" instead of the standard 3" to gain a little more power. I will send a copy of the dyno charts to Jim G. once I receive them for his "think tank". ( NOTE: Magnacharger doesn't allow you to change the pulley without voiding the warranty )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts