Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to fix the drilled front bumper holes. I went to a body shop and they said it was rubber and they could not patch them. There must be a way. Any one know how to fill in the holes? :confused

·
Registered
230 Posts
go to a different body shop, this an easy fix, many brands of filler that would
work, Lord Fusor......SEM........Duramix........Norton........3M all these companies
make products to do exactly this job...........i like the new flex filler from Fusor

·
Registered
579 Posts
Different Body Shop

Mason57

I agree with rick418cars. Go to a different body shop. As part of my purchase deal. I said that I wanted no holes in the bumper for a front license plate. Unfortunately they put the holes in for the plate. They then repaired the bumper. You can not even tell (and I have looked at it close up and at many different angles) that the bumper was repaired. So it can be done. The body shop that you spoke to just did not have the tools or know how.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
What they said - go to a different shop. I may be wrong but most if not all the modern 'bumpers' are urethane and there are people who specialize in repairs. Show be available locally since most cars have them..

·
Registered
416 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Same here had holes, filled holes and repainted I can't tell at all.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? You mean to tell me, you're not displaying your mandated-by-Texas-Law front license plate???

:)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
WHO ME??? :lol No and Barney Fife caught me just the other side of Greenville in some po dunk town to let me know I didn't have one!! He let me go with only a warning!!! :lol Also I lost it, when we mounted it under the truck on the air dam, both are now gone. ( I blame my hubby for that one :) ) Going to order personlized plates (first 3 were taken) and that handy retractable plate holder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts