Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
:ssr I purchased some decals to go into the door sills and the tail gate to enhance the SSR and stripes. DO not purchase from AUTOTRIM DESIGN. They are POOR Quality, various sizes , and trash. I learned the cheap way, they look so cool on the site. Dont make my mistake!!! :ssr

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
I tried some of the vinyl from FDSELL and it wasn't that great either but it wasn't bad. Since the letters are so small and going into a tight spot you have to be very careful how you take off the letters so they don't stretch, then be very careful how you put them on. I cleaned the area very well and then used a qtip to push them into the corners of the outline of the indentation. They didn't look great when I first placed them but after taking some time making sure they were straight and fully set into the cutouts it isn't too bad, I can live with it for the $17 I spent. The ones I got had spare sets and also larger decals for the engine area but didn't have the lines you received.

I have seen some sweet looking domed decals recently but I am hesitant of the price. Look up item number 8000683084 on EBay to see what I am talking about. If anyone gets one of these I'd like to hear the feedback.

:seeya

·
0 Posts
I bought the more expensive domed witht he schrome insets for the doors and tailgates from E-bay, they look and installed awsome. Here is the Ebay link check them out. I also have the stripes from Auto trim design w/flames, been on my truck all summer in 100+ degree heat and they look just as good as the day I put them on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...000683084QQcategoryZ33654QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They cost $129 but worth it. :angel

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
Made 3 purchases from Domeddecals - all excellent, all received very quickly. Could not get delivery from Autotrim Designs, required several phone calls to get a Paypal refund from them.

Ray

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
Not sure where to get it from a good place, beware that the only seller I see on EBay notes that they are all seperate letters, you don't want that unless you have alot of time and a good eye to place them.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
This is the one

Fishslayr1 said:
Can anyone recommened where to get an "AMERICAN REVOLUTION DECAL" for the top of the front windshield?
Go to www.SSRdriver.com from the top of the list down to #42(you will have to count) that is what you are looking for. :thumbs You do want vinyl cut single letters but they are lined up and are easy to install. Don't buy Chevy Malls it is just a decal. :(

Happy :ssr ing
Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts