Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
06 Red Auto
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Hood
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire
I flew from OKC to Bakersfield, CA Thursday and drove our 2nd SSR back.

It’s an ‘05 Aqua Blur with 84k miles. I bought it from a very nice lady who’d only had it 5 months. She said it was just too much power for her and she kept wanting to race! She’d bought it from the widow of the 2nd owner and it’d been under a carport sitting for 2 years. Since June it’s had a new radiator, A/C condenser, stock VW fan, and new Michelin tires!

Clean CarFax showed it’s value just north of $22k, asking price was $21k, & I got it for $17k!

I’d called ahead and stopped Friday in Phoenix at Simple Engineering and Mike Moro was kind enough to let me interrupt his day so I could save shipping on a few upgrades. He changed 2 hydraulic cylinders on the top, and the cargo hatch lifts while I was there. Sadly, the really heavy parts I wanted were back ordered.

From there, I drove to Boerne, TX where Gina Perham had my SSR visiting our granddaughter. She knew I’d bought hers, but she thought she’d have to wait to see it until she got back later this week, so she was surprised.

I drove mine home and she’ll drive her new one home later this week.

Anyway we’re excited to be a 2 SSR family and now we’ll just have to decide which one to drive to events!

Sorry for the long post, but I enjoy reading everyone else’s purchase stories so…

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,867 Posts
Sorry for the long post said:
I love hearing every ones purchase stories also! So thank you for sharing and you got a really great deal as well! I knew Gina wanted an Aqua Blur and you delivered! Congratulations! ;)

Reactions: Geno OKC

·
Registered
06 Red Auto
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, for some reason it insisted on turning the images like that. I wrote to admins about it but I guess they haven’t had time to answer so far.

·
Slingshot Rules!
81,939 Posts

Corvettes? There were some beauties at the Big Car Show today. Probably a dozen at least.

Believe it or not . . . even a Slingshot Yellow Corvette.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts