Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after driving my 2003 that I bought this last Wednesday, i have to say i enjoy driving this car 10 times then my 99 C5 Hardtop. The SSR is 1 awesome car.

Thai
:reddevil

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Get involved with a local "cruise" with some other owners. It makes it even more of a blast!!

I

·
0 Posts
i wanna cruise too! i am the only owner up here LOL!

im gonna see about getting in the NW Toys for Tots car cruise and be the lead car. i think if i pull up in the lot with all the other imports/domestics, ill get the most attention.

this is turning into a yearly event that gets in the news. im gonna talk to the guys there and see if they wanna load up the toys in my truck since i have a cover. it might rain! everyone has to bring a toy to donate to children in order to cruise. last year was huge. we had over a hundred cars show up. we ended up in olympia, WA and ate pizza for free at a pizza place.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You guys are nuts

I just got my new 2006 SSR yesterday. It's a blast to drive, but my wife's '02 Corvette is still much better. Not bad-mouthing the SSR, just saying that nothing compares to the tightness of the more recent Corvettes.

·
Registered
904 Posts
sleski said:
I just got my new 2006 SSR yesterday. It's a blast to drive, but my wife's '02 Corvette is still much better. Not bad-mouthing the SSR, just saying that nothing compares to the tightness of the more recent Corvettes.
02 Vette better than a 06 SSR--What are you smoking--

·
Registered
217 Posts
sleski said:
Not for me! Had a C5 Z06 2004. My wife and I both think the SSR is a lot more fun to drive, and my 14-year-od son thinks it's sweet. Everyone has a Vette - the SSR is more unique. People young and old like it enough to go out of their way to talk to me about it. Not so with the vette. Yes, the SSR has its issues, but I love it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am on my 10th Corvette. :cool

I am also on my 1st SSR. :thumbs

We'll see if the SSR catches up over time. :flag

Skip

·
Registered
122 Posts
SA13355 said:
I am on my 10th Corvette. :cool

I am also on my 1st SSR. :thumbs

We'll see if the SSR catches up over time. :flag

Skip
I am on my third Vette and love my Z06 and am awaiting the new C6 Z06. Maybe next year. I also love my SSR especially with the top down, which is most of the time. If I want to go really fast I take the Z06. If I want the wind and sun in my face and to just go a little fast I take the SSR. Besides the little woman likes to go slower, so when she is with me we take the SSR most of the time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My Vette is the only one we own that gets really good gas mileage.

Wife's Blazer and the SSR or our daily drivers when it's under $3.00.

When it goes up to $5.00 I'll get a new Z06. Just gas it in the drive way and coast the rest of the way to work. :reddevil

Skip

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I have owned 6 Corvettes in the past but I truly look forward to driving the SSR. People seem drawn to the SSR and approach it more freely than any of the Corvettes I owned in the past. While I enjoyed the power and the fuel economy of the Vette, I prefer just cruising in the SSR. I don't ever remember getting a :thumbs in the Vettes but have gotten several in the SSR.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went from a C5 to an SSR to a C6.... and I miss the SSR terribly. but it was a lemon, *sigh*. Chances are I'll buy another SSR after a little while with this C6 tho.

If only I could transplant the XM, the telescoping wheel, the keyless system and a couple other goodies from the C6 into the SSR... It already has heated seats and a 6-disc. I actually don't like the Nav radio in the C6 so I'm glad I'd have to go aftermarket for the SSR.

I would also like a shifter that was closer at hand in the SSR, i can't really drive with my hand on it like I can in the Vette (or any other car I've had recently) cause I'm a short dude with short arms.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, Looks like I touched off a bit of a discussion here :) Corvette's fun. SSR's fun. 'nuff said. Both complement each other nicely.

Corvette owners often give the :thumbs to each other as they pass by. They call it the "Corvette Wave". I think we SSR owners should start a tradition and have our own "SSR Wave".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts