Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr

These times are what we are shooting for to get us into Needles no later than 3:00 p.m. to meet up with the Arizona caravan. Wait time for road construction and potty breaks are covered. Once we leave Ludlow there is only one rest stop about halfway to Needles and Ludlow is the "last chance" for gas until Needles. All times are Pacific.

Depart Farmer Boys in Ontario 10:00 a.m.

Depart Starbucks @ Lenwood Outlets (Barstow) 11:30 a.m.

Depart Ludlow Dairy Queen @ 12:45

Arrive Bashas' @ East Broadway & I-40 Needles 2:45 - grab something to eat and meet up w/AZ Caravan

Depart Bashas' 3:35 and arrive AVI 4:35

Lloyd's radios are currently set on "12", so lets shoot for that. If you want to join this caravan...come on! We currently have 5 running together:

Lloyd & Gerry - Slingshot
Randi & Tim - Ultra Violet
Eric - Smokin' Asphalt
Art & Lucky - Richochet
Gary - Richochet
Jim & Kathy - Smokin' Asphalt (sounds like a real clean one)
Bob & Gloria - Redline Red
Brian - ? - Redline Red & Smokin' Asphalt two tone
Tony & Judy - Redline Red
Joe & Lori - Slingshot

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope this works out...only 147+/- miles from Barstow to Needles and it shouldn't take any 3 hours, especially with the speed demons that will be leading the pack...depends, of course, on how many CA Highway Patrol are out in force that morning.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ssrsally said:
SSRsally will try to catch you guys in Victorville. 2003 Ultraviolet SSR.
Sarah and Larry...tried to PM you to direct you to this thread. No meet in Victorville but we will meet up at Starbucks @ Lenwood Outlets in Barstow.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
artsmart said:
Hope this works out...only 147+/- miles from Barstow to Needles and it shouldn't take any 3 hours, especially with the speed demons that will be leading the pack...depends, of course, on how many CA Highway Patrol are out in force that morning.
What is the posted speed limit along there?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Perfect from my viewpoint . . . .

Sounds great for me, Art.

Planning on checking on the troops in the high desert in the morning, paying them for the week, then running to Barstow from there (90 miles according to GoogleEarth).

I want to thank you also for your efforts in organizing this caravan. Excellent logistics, etc. I can't wait to see 52 SSRs all in one place. Definitely a Kodak moment. :yesnod

I see the ricochet's outnumber all the others on this run. Hmmmmmm.....maybe somebody would like to take back their "primer" cracks. :glol

Gary (WearyEagle):flag

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
WearyEagle said:

I see the ricochet's outnumber all the others on this run. Hmmmmmm.....maybe somebody would like to take back their "primer" cracks. :glol

The irony of it all when the richochet's are the second least produced:lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
C1Trob said:
The irony of it all when the richochet's are the second least produced:lol
We'll see who outnumbers who when we're sitting all in a row...usually the UV is outnumbered by everybody:cry

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,260 Posts
WearyEagle said:
Sounds great for me, Art.

Sorry Gary, no retraction here.... I'm sticking to my guns...... Silver is a good undercoat for at least three beautiful COLORS COLORS COLORS.

Mikey:jester

(My apologies to the poor color match for Aqua Blurr)

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Sorry Gary, no retraction here.... I'm sticking to my guns...... Silver is a good undercoat for at least three beautiful COLORS COLORS COLORS.

You're absolutely right. You did forget that it can also be fantastic without the overcoating.:jester

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Mike in AZ said:

I can only think of one good color for a bullet with a Bose sound system . . . . that's SILVER ! ! (like in Silver Bullet Band) :)

I can think of a color for sorrow that they didn't get a Silver SSR . . . that would be BLUE. :skep

I can think of only one color for envy . . . that would be GREEN, of course. :cry

GEEESH, PURPLE . . . a grape of course, which should be crushed, aged and consumed over a nice dinner. :glol

Gary (WearyEagle) with a big smile . . . :seeya

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hdflstf said:
You must be confused! I think that is the normal temp out there.:glol
Maybe this time of year...the last year I actually lived in Needles we went 90 straight days with temps over 100...day and night! Leaving work at 3:00 a.m. was like walking into a blast furnace!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
road construction

Hope AutoDan and SSRSally join the caravan in Barstow...road construction near Goffs Road only about one mile of one lane...should be a breeze...and no wait time is anticipated.:thumbs

1 - 20 of 46 Posts