Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has done this? The part number indicates 1, but is that 1 piece of foam? or 1 package with 2 pieces of foam? Seems like if this was the TSB part number for the fix, they would come 2 per pack? thx, D

·
Registered
463 Posts
You need two of these, one for each side.
Dicktator has a DIY for this using $2 sponges from Home Depot or Lowes.
Look for Wind Noise.
Yes, it's easy and works well.

·
Premium Member
2,864 Posts
Really doubt parts still available. But never fear The" Dictator" is here.
He has posted a fix similar on his one drive.
On my cell phone and hard to post links. But I am sure somebody else will chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Anyone who has done this? The part number indicates 1, but is that 1 piece of foam? or 1 package with 2 pieces of foam? Seems like if this was the TSB part number for the fix, they would come 2 per pack? thx, D
:|
Not sure of the specific "fix" and/or your part number gives you. Other posts regarding (cabin noise) have zeroed in on a foam (2 piece deal) that was specified by Carl Bush.

Recently, he made a comment as to updating/altering his measurements for the foam pieces but was too busy at the time to do it.

I have the PDF file copy on his original specs, but have been waiting to see if he will come thru with an update to modify his specs and another PDF for us to follow.:smile2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think y’all are referring to 2 different things. One is to install inside of roof storage compartment , inside vent covers and the other is a sound suppressor that is being made to put inside cabin just behind the seats next to the rear glass.
If you do both , wow what a difference!!!
I believe Tom Sorensen will be bringing the custom made ones to the Daytona Rally for purchase. First come purchase basis

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Yes, the foam/sponge pads on the two vents out of the roof storage compartment deaden noise coming from the rear wheels.

The foam filler behind the seats does two things:
1 - It blocks noise from roof storage compartment from coming into the cockpit.
2 - It blocks air from the cockpit from flowing into the roof storage compartment which means no flow through ventilation. Don't fart.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The sound suppressor that goes behind the seats also prevents you from having to cool the roof storage area. Great for hot Florida days.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I think y’all are referring to 2 different things. One is to install inside of roof storage compartment , inside vent covers and the other is a sound suppressor that is being made to put inside cabin just behind the seats next to the rear glass.
If you do both , wow what a difference!!!
I believe Tom Sorensen will be bringing the custom made ones to the Daytona Rally for purchase. First come purchase basis
does anyone know if Tom Sorensen or anyone else might be making this for sale by mail? I know some of us out on the West Coast would be interested it gets very hot in Las Vegas and SoCal.:yellow:

·
Registered
463 Posts
You should be able to print these out on a 8 X 11 plain paper.
They are true to size. Then, get some slim foam and make your own.
I traced them from the original parts. If you would like me to e-mail this to you, just PM and let
me know. I traced these because the price is ridiculous.
Don't forget to look up from the above Wind Noise as to where to place them.
I still haven't figured that one out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
833 Posts
At this point we are not shipping any mostly because we can sell all we can make without shipping.
Our fix covers the entire opening not just the edges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts