Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice treat yesterday as I sat in the Cadillac XLR and they let me fire her up and raise and lower the top. That top looks pretty wild with an awful lot of very big moving parts! I am glad I have the SSR more now than ever! Also, when the top goes down, you have zero storage. They had a 91K sticker on it! I told them that 78 was more realistic and they said if someon offered them msrp they would take them very seriously.

T

·
0 Posts
I don't have a ssr or xlr but I have drove both (my dad is a superintendent at GM so I get to try out every car). I really like the keyless entry on the xlr, I did not have to take the key out at all just as long as you had the key in your pocket you could open it and to start the car you had to have it in your pocket and just hit the start button. I really thought the seat coolers and speakers in the seat were cool. Only problem with the car was the trunk space with the top down, I thought I'd go hit so range balls and show off the car but when I tried to put my bag in the trunk it wouldn't fit so I was only able to take a few clubs with me. They both equally had a neck snapping effect on people, especially since the ssr was one of the first few and the xlr was the 12th made.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Other vehicles

On my travels yesterday I passed a Black Dodge Magnum. I couldn't believe I was thinking to myself "that's a nice looking station wagon". I don't like the pictures posted below, but the black one, in person, looked good.

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
Got to drive a 05 corvette convertible today. Not even for sale yet. A guy that works a gm plant in detroit came to work for my dad yesterday and his company car was the corvette so he could test drive it and give a review. My dad got the keys to it and he let me drive it. First off it was a dark red with beige interior. The top was electric and soft and folded down more like a ssr then a xlr. The doors were keyless entry you didn't have to take the remote out even and the way you opened it was like a xlr with the touch pad. The car had a start button same as a xlr and a button to open the door from the inside. It had a navigation screen like a xlr. Very cool HUD with rpm in it. It was 100 times cooler and smoother then the last corvette I drove which was a 2001. Speedometer said 200 didn't have a chance to find out the actual top speed this time but I would have to say it was just as fast as the xlr. Only thing that disapointed me was the speakers but they did before with the 2001 vette. They need to incorporate the speakers in the seats that the xlr had. Thats about it, I'll post pictures in a day or two.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, if I could just win the lottery, I could buy my wife the vette too! sound awesome man. You are very fortunate indeed! :agree

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had the opportunity to drive a C6 over Memorial Day weekend. It's an amazing piece of machinery.

You can read the review here. I also posted four or five videos of it in the C6 section at corvetteforum. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts