Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow California SSR owners. Looks like there will be sunshine along the coast this weekend.

I'm planning to head over to Carmel from the Central Valley Saturday. Then head south on Hwy 1 Saturday about noon.

I'll be travelling on Carmel Valley Road (G16) from Hwy 101 to Hwy 1.

Anybody interested in photo ops in Monterey/Pacific Grove/Carmel to the San Simeon/Cambria area? Let me know...

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a great drive with the top down and seat on high!! If its a little chilly! ANyway I would be interested but I dont get my SSR delivered till next week!!:cool

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Univ of Nebrasksa News story

Watch for photos next week.

Per Google news alerts:

http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/01/30/4019584e3d2b1

Price is another thing that car buyers look for. Price may also vary depending on where you live or where you buy the car. The 2003 Chevy SSR, a truck that can change into a convertible, sells for $42,000 in Omaha, but sells for much more in California.

Dealers in California are selling these trucks for $60, 70, 80, and even 90 thousand dollars," said a Chevy spokeswoman.

"One of the other dealers from California wanted to buy an SSR from an Omaha dealer, because they're selling out of them there," she said.

...Must be Ebayer jpete33 - he snatches up SSR's at about 50k each...

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Jpete was pretty active - sure has quieted down, though. He was paying 50k+ initially, but was down to the 45k range recently - haven't seen him score one for a while - bidding is stopping in the 42 - 43k range lately, and he's not even biting on those.

Maybe Hollywood has enough of them around that they're not a novelty anymore.

I've tracked several of the early serial numbers that have been on EBay several times. One dealer had his reserve to where 56k didn't take the truck in November. Now, bidding is stopping in the low 40's, and he's still trying to unload it. Bidding on his stopped at 36100 two weeks ago. 56k is probably looking pretty good right now - he'll be at least 10k short of that if someone takes it to MSRP.

Also, the reserve has dropped (buy it now at 83500).on #17, but the bidding stopped at $68900 last time out - it's back on EBay again.

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
You're right - he's still bidding, but I haven't seem him land one since mid January - he picked up #1881 at 45345, and 1581 at 44980, both 1SB with no running boards.

Got to love this electronic world, though. Sure would be easy for these dealers to claim no availability, limited production, etc if it wasn't for the information network - they'd be much happier and probably richer if EBay, Autotrader and forums weren't around, and they could keep snowing us.

One thing that surprises me, though is how GM totally ignores this forum. They could really help their PR by being available, at least to answer basic questions, and give us an early heads up on new options, etc. - at least acknowledge that the people on this forum have a real love for the product, and deserve some crumbs once in a while. This forum has probably been one of GM's most effective tools - the posts are mostly positive, some of them outright raves - how much more can be said about making love to an SSR with Zaino wax?

I'm sure some of the posts are coming from employees , and it's great to have that info, but GM officially hasn't acknowledged we even exists. I sometimes wonder if the employees get some flack over feeding us too much info. - like - where did Morty go? - loved seeing his posts.

I work for a boat manufacturer, and our R & D people and upper management live on the wakeboard forums. If we've got a problem, they're providing solutions very quickly. Can't tell you how effective its been - we're getting great feedback from consumers for actually owning up to problems and fixing them.

Anyone from GM out there?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think after reading the MSRP related venom from Dark Age and his gang a GM employee would be foolish to admit they are on the forum. They would surely get whacked. Don't get me wrong - these folks have every right to vent, however if I were a GM employee I'd be very reluctant to pop my head up for fear of losing it in a blindside.

it's unfortunate, really, but I doubt we will hear from GM, although I'm sure someone at the General is seeing these posts. Keep in mind, contributors to internet forums are your most passionate group, but only comprise a very small percentage of the total number of enthusiasts for any particular topic. I'm not saying we will be ignored, but there are far more efficient ways for GM to manage communication to their customer base than through forum posts.

Once the SSR registry is up, that could provide Chevy an easy way to see how many actual owners are here, as well as maybe send targeted communication, although once MyGMLink.com is up with SSR capability, that will likely be the communication channel of choice.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that most GM folk would keep low on the ssrfanatic radar. I do hope that they see what we have to say - as MOST of us are straight up.

I don't think that this is the forum to SELL vehicles anyhow - that should be elsewhere.

Also - FYI: I noticed that a couple of photos I posted here ended up being used on eBay auctions. When I emailed the sellers asking for at least some sort of acknowledgement - both auctions disappeared...

So, before I post this photo - please keep in mind that the posted image is of limited quality - just big enough to email or post to a site like this. IF anyone is interested in high quality (5 megapix) images or prints feel free to contact me thru this sites email function...

This is #1740 at Pacific Grove:

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
jwthomp said:
GM employee would be foolish to admit they are on the forum.
That's because they don't have the balls, if it were up to me someone would be answering questions/concerns SSR owners on this forum have about there vehicles.

BTW, that person could be a salaried or an hourly GM employee.

Al

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reviving this old thread I started in 2004...

Seems like yesterday...

Almost 15 years ago now...

Fun times on that first trip down Hwy 1...

Some pics from 2008 - with my old HHR...

Perhaps I'll route that way home from San Jose this weekend...

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,817 Posts
Thanks for sharing, the scenery anywhere along HWY 1 and 101 in CA is simply spectacular. I've been on it from San Diego to the redwood area many times when I lived out that way, a must see for sure. I used to ride my motorcycle along it and can only imagine the same fun with an R.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
kwhopper89 good to see you back on the forum, seems like forever since I have seen anything from you or I was asleep and missed it.

Kenny Thomas
SSR051 (used to be Silverssr05)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Indeed it's nice to see you back on the forum and despite the silence still enjoying your R! As in the past you always take some great pictures! Hope to see you again at an upcoming Rally! My retirement is coming up in 2020 and I also hope to get to meet more Fanatics and attend more Rallies!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Hi kwhopper89,
What day and time R U leaving for San Jose, I might meet up with you in Kingsburg and travel into S.J. Let me know if you can.
Thanks
Dennis

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi kwhopper89,
What day and time R U leaving for San Jose, I might meet up with you in Kingsburg and travel into S.J. Let me know if you can.
Thanks
Dennis
I am leaving KB NLT 7:30 on Saturday. Back roads up to I-5 and 152 ( I avoid interstates and Hwy99 when poss.) - than 152 (Pacheco Pass) over to Gilroy - then surface streets (Monterey Ave.) North into San Jose...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts